Bittersweet - Our First "Star Ridge Acres" horses sold

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

I think it was just this past week that I confessed in a thread that I had yet to actually let go of any foal that was born on the farm. I've always justified keeping them is some way - I want to show him/her, it's so-and-so's last foal, etc. I've always got a great reason!
default_laugh.png
Or in the case of Star, who wasn't born here but is the first horse we ever purchased, I've had her on my sale page (to appease the hubby) but I've got her priced so high that I know there's no chance of her going anywhere!
default_wink.png
But she is for sale. Not my fault if I can't find a buyer, right?
default_rolleyes.gif

So, I've had a few of my foals on the sale page, off and on, and out of the blue I get an email from a forum friend inquiring about a couple of them. So I proceed to tell her all about them - the good, the bad and the ugly - and after several discussions she says "I'll take them both!"
default_new_shocked.gif

It was the most surreal moment for me. I was thrilled at first
default_risa8.gif
, then reality set in.
default_smileypuke.gif
I actually got a sick feeling in my tummy. Two of MY babies are leaving. :DOH! Of course, the upside is where they are going - to Irish Hills Farm!
default_aktion033.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
I could NOT ask for a better home for any horse! I have NO concerns whatsoever about how they will be treated or cared for. I just know it's going to be one of the hardest things I've ever done to put these little girls on a trailer.

So, thank you Sheryl. You are the best!
default_wub.png

Sheryl is going to be the new mommy of:

Star Ridge Acres Lily Blue Too

lilybodyweb.jpg

and

Star Ridge Acres Total Suprise

butter08foalleft1.jpg

Both fillies have to-die-for pedigrees and are pretty and correct! These are baby pics. I'm sure Sheryl will post updated ones once the girls arrive in TN.

Thanks for letting me share. It's a big step for me emotionally. I'm blessed (and so are they!) that it's Sheryl they are going to.
default_wub.png

Congratulations on finding such a great home for your two special girls! I'm glad they are staying in the forum family.

I'm glad they are staying in the forum family.
Jayne,

That's a great way to look at it! I'll still get to hear about them as Sheryl's great at sharing stories and pics of her horses.

Parmela --

They are beautiful girls!!! Sheryl will love them, I am sure!!!
love0034.gif

I can't wait to see them in the spring "naked" and ready to show
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif

Congratulations to both you and Sheryl
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif

Jill

Well, those were my two picks !!!

Good for you, Sheryl !!

Parmela, you will be fine - look at all the beautiful minis you still have - and look at the herd you've established in such a short time.

Congrats !

Justine

They are both beautiful girls, Parmela! Congratulations to both parties
default_laugh.png

Congratulations...I know how this feels, but so happy for you. (((Hugs)))

Liz

Parmela, I don't know how I will ever sell my foals! I know I can...BUT!!! Maybe NOT! We'll see, I have no plans at this moment to sell the two I have cooking at the moment.

I am lucky to have my good friend and mentor Stacy Score around here. She always says she looks at it as gaining a new friend, not losing one of her babies! After all, if she hadn't sold Alladdin to me, I would have probably never become a friend of hers, and a whole host of others who have become my nearest and dearest!
default_wub.png

Sending big understanding hugs your way, and to Sheryl, CONGRATULATIONS! They are GORGEOUS babies!
default_laugh.png

I know exactly how you feel!!
default_rolleyes.gif
It helps so much when you know they're going to a good home!
default_smile.png
I've only sold one horse to people I didn't really know....and they took him to another state. I contacted them after a few months(just couldn't wait any longer) and they were soooo in love with him! I've had several pics emailed to me after that but it's such a good feeling to place them in loving homes.
default_wub.png

Oh Parmela it's a new life for them where they will be loved by someone new I'm sure of it. It's just hard to let go.... I know you know that. It will hurt for awhile and then it will be ok. Congrat's to both of you. Their both darling. TJ

Thanks Parmela so much for trusting me with your two special little gals.
default_wub.png
I cannot wait to get them home. I don't think I can wait till Spring to see them naked, so I might have to do a little head/neck clip on them to get a sneak peak and what's hiding under all that fuzz!!
default_wub.png

Thanks everyone for the compliments and the girls, I think their pretty special too.

default_new_shocked.gif
OMG.... hehehe

Congrats! That is wonderful!

Maybe I'll get a chance to photograph them

out there in those gorgeous mountains!

~Sandy

Latest posts

Back