big announcement

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I met Harvey, my husband, when I was 16 (almost 17) and we've been a couple ever since
default_biggrin.png
I've been 29 now for 11 years and we couldn't be happier but we're lucky because we're not the same people we were all those many years ago. I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the world
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Another bit of advice: You BOTH need to know what it's like to live on your OWN. Do not move in together. You both need to move out of your respective parents' homes and live seperately so you can gain and appreciate independence. God brings a lot of people into our lives....sometimes it's forever and sometimes it's just to make us stronger. Personally, I think you are way too young to be engaged.

Congrats Andrea on meeting a man you feel you can spend the rest of your life with. You sound like you have a lot of common sence and are very mature for your age. By having God in your life and relationship you are headed in the right direction.

I met my husband when I was 18 he was 19. Within a month we knew we wanted to be married. One year later we were. WE have been married for 21 years have two lovely daughters, own our own home, and have a wonderful miniature horse farm. Things can work out when you meet at a young age.God is huge part of our life which has helped through the tough times as he will for you. I love my husband and wouldn't trade him for anyone or thing. I 'm glad we meet young so we were able to share our entire lives together and not have all the extra baggage.

Good luck and God Bless. Joyce

CONGRATS!!!

P.S.

I'm not going to judge you by your age. I'm 20 and engaged. I was enagaged only a month and a half after my birthday. We had been dating for a year but had both "knew" for a very long time that it was ment to be. We wont be getting married for at least three more years as we are waiting for him to finish his Masters Degree.

Thanks all so much for your positive stories. it helps to know that others have gotten engaged or married at my age. I apprevciate all your kind words and advice.

Congrats!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I had got engaged last year and we got married in May. He asked me on Valentine's Day last year . That was so sweet of him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! In this world it is hard to find a worthwhile person...however......

move in together :DOH! !!

Believe me, you never know a person till you live with them. My best advice to anyone is this. Why go thru the marriage with a person you don't really know...but think you do. The best test is living together. If you can pass that...you can work out thru anything...i'm sure. I'm 27...been living with the same person for 4 years now...and i can trully say now, that (like another person wrote) you are not the same people you first met. You grow up A LOT!!! And after you've seen it all (after living together for a while)....you just may want to reconsider. I know i've been there...

Sorry to "pour cold water" on this whole thing...but things really do seem MUCH better than they really are when you're in love. After YEARS of growing up you look at things in retrospect scrathing your head and asking why the heck did i do that??

When i was 18...i (thought) i met the man of my dreams and i was ready to have a family....yup, kids at the age of 18! I'm 27 now and i can't image how stupid i was to even think that. I still don't have kids...but i still have plenty of years left to have them.

Again, good luck to you and keep the "in-love" blinders off!!

I am going to say that though many will say you are too young to make these decisions I am going to advise on the side of it is possible. I met my dream guy when I was 16 got engaged at 18 and we have been together ever since. We celebrated our 40th anniversary last June so it CAN work and I will be the first one to tell you it IS work. But that said he is still my dream man and always will be.

Congratulations!!!! I wish you a long and happy life together - my dh and I have been married for 21 years this year and together for 24 years...it is definitely work, it is not always sunshine and lollipops and there are good times and tough times and it is so wonderful when you can have a life partner who sticks with you through thick and thin.

Denise

i am excited about reading the stories you all have posted. It makes my heart soar to see so many happy couples and married couples here

CONGRATS! You sound very mature, take things slow and you and Richard will know when the time is right to get married.

I met my hubby when I was 17, he was 22, we started dating when he got out of the service I was 18. We got married when I was 19.. we have been married for 38 years. I woudnt trade him for the world. We have two beautiful grown "kids" who both have homes on our farm, with families of there own. Life has been very good to us. I wish the same happiness to you and Richard.

Corinne

Latest posts

Back