Bicycle, Pup Tent, Adventure

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdhand

Reaction score
Last Friday my daughter age 20 and myself age 46 decided we wanted to take off on a bicycle adventure. We had tents, sleeping bags, back packs and camel back hydration for the trip. Anyway we took off and rode to our first destination which was 30 miles. Along the way we went through an abadoned house for fun, took a short nap in the woods to rest. A truck driver stopped right where we were and when he saw us he got back in his truck and took off. He didn't know if we were dead or alive and wanted no part of it. Anyway, then we came across a pasture with a really neat spotted mule in it. The mule was very friendly and we loved on him and rested again. It took us 5 hours to reach our destination. When we got to the camp site we set up tents and headed for the showers. We met a lady in the bath house who was so nice. After we returned to our camp site she came and ask what we had for food and all we had was sardines and beef jerky. She invited us for soup. It was delicious. Well we camped and built a fire and talked and just had so much fun. The next morning we woke up so sore and my bike was falling apart. It was a walmart bike and my daughter had a real touring bike. We called home and got my husband to come and get us in the truck. We took him home and took off in the truck to find me a new bicycle and continue our adventure. We stayed at a days inn with a hot tub in the room, went to a great restaurant and had escargot and lobster ravioli. Then the next day we went to the last campsite at Grayton Beach, Florida. It is just beautiful. We rode bicycles all over to the little beach side towns. One being Sea Side which is very unique. That night it started raining and the forcast was storms for 2 days, so we loaded up the next morning and drove home. This was crazy, but we had so much fun.

How cool! That sounded like so much fun, I'll have to do something like that with my mom sometime!

Latest posts

Back