BHR: Horse show! So so proud...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhea

Reaction score
So, we had our very first horse show of the year yesterday, and it went pretty well! We took our 6 y/o canadian warmblood mare 'Mia' and my 4 y/o crazy welsh/paint pony mare, 'KC'. This was KC's first time off the farm unless you count the stock auction we bought her at :eek:. She loaded better then Mia, who has been shipped all over the place (From Alberta -> Ontario then to a bunch of different farms etc).

We headed off eeeaarrly in the morning. Put both mares on the trailer, Mia promptly tried to bite KC
default_rolleyes.gif
: (luckily nothing really fazes Kace, so she just moved and went on eating hay). The girls were a little bit antsy on the trailer, we got there and KC was shocked. I don't think she ever realized there were horses on earth besides the one in her pasture
default_wub.png
: We got her off the trailer, and the first horse she saw she had to stop dead, and took a few minutes before whinnying to her (this is a pony who NEVER makes a sound). We got them tacked up and into the warmup ring and ran into a few other horses (literally) before Kace realized that it really wasn't a good idea. Warmup was chaotic, and the pony got sooo bored unless we were going faster then a walk.

First classes were Mia's. She had three over fences classes and an under saddle. She got a 4th, 2nd, and 5th over fences in classes of 22 horses. Then in the u/s she got 4th out of 22 with a wrong lead :eek: . We were pretty happy with her.

KC only had three classes under saddle. I took her into the warmup by herself before our first one and she flipped out. Went straight up into the air, kept rearing. Finally got her around a few times, put her into the class, and she was like an old pro. Got one wrong lead but otherwise she was a star. And in the lineup every few seconds she'd take a baby step towards the gate. I guess she thought if she went slow enough I wouldn't notice
default_wink.png
: Didn't place out of 20+ horses which was ok. Second class she was sooo tired I couldn't really get her to canter, and so scratched her out of the third class - not fair to the poor pony.

All in all a pretty good day. I am sooo proud of my pony for working out of her crazyness - we bought her as a weanling at a stock auction and she was psychotic, I had people telling me she'd never be able to do anything. Well here she is. And I swear she's channeling my first pony. I adored him, owned him for ten years, and he was a bit hot too. I almost cried because she reminds me sooo much of him - even when she rears (that was one of his favorite things
default_rolleyes.gif
: )

Here's some pics, and a video of Miss KC at home, because my mom kept cutting off appendages(heads and legs) so there wasn't any really really good pics.(Although hopefully we'll get the professional pics soon)

Mia:

000_0028.jpg

KC:

000_0033.jpg

KC1-2.jpg

And KC jumping at home

Wow. Your warmblood is beautiful, but I just LOVE your pony. Congratulations on your acomplishments!!! Way to hang in there!!!

Your warmblood is gorgeous! I love her! She has such a kind face.

And I also think that pony is going to end up being a super pony. She's adorable.

Congrats on a great show!

Latest posts

Back