Betathane

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Little Blessing

Reaction score
Have any of you had trouble with Betathane tack forming to fit your horse? My mini is pretty little and though I want to convert from her leather harness to a Beta, there is some concern that the synthetic material won't form to her teeny weeny face. Thoughts?

Julie

The beta is great for easy maintenance. But it won't really "form" like leather, I had both and the leather has molded better to the horse than the beta. JMO

That's one of the reasons I don't prefer Betathane for most things. I don't like the way synthetic lines (reins) feel AT ALL and they are pretty "twisty".

I do like betathane for some things, I have a betathane kicking strap and I've had some betathane training tack items that are just fine... but bridles I definitely like leather even if it stretches and takes more care to make it last.

Andrea

I replaced the betathane bridle on my harness with one that has a leather crown piece and fits more comfortably. The other one never fit right.

I have another betathane harness where the material is thicker and softer and molds better. This one is almost like leather. Are there different grades of betathane? The two betathane harnesses from different makers are very different in texture, thickness and moldability.

I have bought a couple of betathane harnesses and liked them at first but I think I'm going to switch back to leather. I think its fine for a training harness but I just don't feel the same quality as I do with a leather harness and I'm paying just as much.

Latest posts

Back