Best exercise to tuck that belly up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) Feeding & Worming rugume 2) Increase roundpen and add in small jumps so they can really work that area. Also, lots and lots of cantering (look at TB's...they canter full out and are very tucked in the barrel...have you ever seen a race horse with a belly? No)
default_smile.png
Ha no i havent!!

I have a round pen and i have been doing 10 mins trotting and cantering, 5 mins walk, 10 mins trotting and cantering then 5 mins walk to cool down. I do this 5 times a week. He rarely breaks a sweat though. I do also encorporate raised trotting poles too. Is this enough work or could i do more he is three years old and am worried ill do too much for his joints??

Holly cow
default_new_shocked.gif
I would look great after a month at your place...I wondered to myself this morning if my 3 min of working trot was too much for my mare in the round pen .....you just answered my question
default_wink.png

i was always told to do lots of transitions, walk to trot, trot-canter, canter- trot with my big horse. it really does an amazing job, but when i say lots i actually mean a disgusting amount of transitions, but its worth it

Back