best design for small cheap run-in shed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know if those canopy/car port shelters are available in Canada?

Their are we've had a few not for horses just storage of tractors and such. We lost most of them though, a freak winter storm years ago. We still have one left (different brand) but the darn door zippers are broke
default_rolleyes.gif
but it keeps the big tractor covered plus holds some junk.

Here is one company

Visit My Website

I can't recall the name of the one we still have standing.. try googling portable garages/carports .. since i know the one i posted isn't near you and the other company i am thinking of isn't close either.

Before we built our barn my husband simply built a simple 3 sided run in out of plywood. Very simple and very inexpensive and it worked great. When it came time to build our barn we were able to use Dock wood. We have customers on the lakes with very long docks and when they replaced their docks they gave us the wood. Its all good solid treated wood. It saved us a lot of money. I have 5 8x12 stalls on one side and 4 8x8 on the other side plus a nice sized feed room.

WOW! Im surprised about all the emails on my $100-$150 4-sided mini barns I have got. If someone wants, you are more then happy to post photos here as I cant figure out how too.

Thanks for all the great commets on them!

I love them too and will be building 2 more this summer.

ok... pictures of MindyLee's little barns can be found HERE.

I would post them directly to forum but there are quite a few.

I think they look very nice and really are exactly what I was looking for.

MindyLee please feel free to post dimensions and whatever other info about them on here
default_biggrin.png

The 2 smaller mini barns are 6x8 $100-$150 to make each

6ft deep

8ft wide

4ft tall in the back

6ft tall in the front

6x8 mini barns materials are:

frame 2x4's

walls 7/16 plywood

trim 1x4's

roof shingles

2' drywall screws