Begging For Forgiveness

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YOU SAID:

I agree,

Just have a question, I have always wondered about.

If you have a horse registered with AMHA OR AMHR pemanent papers says 34"

Why oh why do people put their horse in jumping or racing in B side and say oh I just let the horse hooves grow to enter?

Should they not be responsible for the size the paper work says? Just wondering?

Hope you understand what I am trying to say?

Do you think this is OK?

I think you have to look at the type of event and the requirements of that venue. When horses are in sanctioned events, there is cheating in height all the time...people want shorter or taller horses and do all sorts of things to get what they want.

HOWEVER...not all events run by breed rules. Not all events even require registered animals but just go by their own decisions of height alone. There are big driving shows in the US that only recognize "A's" as minis and there are events that allow VSE's being 39" tall.

If you are refering to the recent Hanover Race, their rules stated that the "B" race was for 34" and over (the "A" race, that I participated in, was UNDER 34"). I know this isn't right by breed standards but it is what the organizers decided on and the horses entering had to go by those rules, no matter what.

Cheating is not nice in any venue but people do it...HOWEVER don't confuse cheating with rules that are not conforming with breed standards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back