Beet Pulp Prices

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I "used" to pay about $10 for 40# but about a couple of weeks ago I bought 50# as I now live in a different state and I paid $15.00 for 50#, so $5 more for 10# difference. I never thought of servering it warm that's a good idea I wish I had hot water in my barn. TJ

I fix my horses Beet pulp in the kitchen. My family says it smells like worm dirt.
default_new_shocked.gif
My horses love it and in the cold weather I always feed it warm.

My youngest daughter always called it "mulch", lol!
default_wink.png

In the winter I fill my beet pulp in the house too, with hot water. Of course then I have to haul it to the barns once I'm ready to feed, and those buckets are HEAVY, but mmm, warm beet pulp in the winter! The horses love it!

Can't wait to see what the price of beet pulp has gotten up to NOW.
default_new_shocked.gif

QUOTE (appymini @ Oct 4 2008, 08:09 AM) The co op here in Northern Ontario.Is 25.49 a bag

OMG!! That's highway robbery!
:DOH! :DOH! :DOH!

You are RIGHT...that IS highway robbery!
default_new_shocked.gif
I don't know what our Co Op is selling it for, but I just bought a 25kg bag at my feedstore for 11.70. They did say that it was going to get scarce for awile, so I am going to pick-up another few bags tomorrow, just in case.
default_wink.png

I just paid $16.95 for 40 lb bag of molasses free beet pulp. So much for helping with hay prices..
default_wacko.png

Boy l don't think l would be willing to spend 25.49 for a bag of beet pulp...here at UFA a bag runs 13.59 and that's up from my usual 11.50 from this spring.... l go through 37 bags over the course of the winter.
default_biggrin.png

I was just to our local feed store & it is going out of business. they have a two bag limit and it was 20.48 a 40# bag
default_new_shocked.gif
I think it is cheaper to feed pellets :DOH!

Beets are just starting to come off the fields now in Michigan. In August I paid $14.95/50 lb, last one in September was $17.95. Geesh!!

Shouldn't complain, just paid $32.50 for 50 pounds of pigeon feed.
default_no.gif

I also feed warm beet pulp.

However I have a chef in the barn................................bucket heater 35.00 TSC and a walmart timer 5.00. I just fill a 5 gallon bucket(the high sided kind) with water & heater, the timer goes off 30 minutes before I have to feed the water is hot when I get there, I add the hot water to their feed pails and in about 15 minutes (time it takes to pick stalls and feed hay) it's READY to go.

Ruffian not sure where in Michigan you are, but if your close to Lapeer they have it for 15.25.

Latest posts

Back