beet pulp and grass are wonderful things

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibsongrrl

Reaction score
I don't post here often, but some of you may remember me posting about my mini mare, Sugar, a couple of months ago. I let her get too skinny over the winter and her crest collapsed.

I wanted to share some updated photos of her.

Not tooting my horn here, as it's my fault she got into bad shape in the first place, but I wanted to show what good beet pulp does!

She had been on a drylot all winter, and I was feeding her hay and small amounts of grain. In the late spring I moved her to a pasture (not lush, but enough to keep her busy) and started feeding a mixture of soaked beet pulp, crimped oats, and alfalfa pellets.

Before and after...

June 2008:

sugar-1-2.jpg

Today:

sugar8-7-08.jpg

sugar-15.jpg

default_smile.png

-Kristie

Great job, Kristie! She is looking good. It can be easy to miss their real condition through those winter fuzzies.

I love Beet pulp! We had the same experience with our 24 year old gelding. He had a bad winter, and we could not get the weight on him. Started feeding beet pulp with his equine senior and good grass hay. He look and feels a lot better.

WOW!!! She looks (and obviously feels) great!! Great job!

She looks great -- good job getting her back in shape....

Latest posts

Back