Beeder alert

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ionafarm

Reaction score
We have the new style breeder alert and have three mares we are waching right now. We are having trouble with the pager. I can't find the manual so thought if anyone could look and let me know what is going on I would really appreciate it. Of course it is the weekend and I can't call....

The pager first went off and didn't stop until the batteries were taken out. It flashed11111

Putting the batteries back in when it then went off again ( normally) then it repeatedly went off and flashed 1111 again.

What is it trying to tell me?

I posted your question on "Breeder Alert Foaling Alarm" page on FB. I will post any response I get. In the meantime I would exchange all batteries with brand new duracells (they seem to work the best for me). Also Is your main unit plugged in? There is also a battery in the main unit, though i have never had a problem with mine, maybe that could be the problem?? IDK hope this gets answered for you soon!

Your batteries are bad. You need new batteries. That is Breeder Alerts way of letting you know.

Sometimes when we have a lot of mares due and they are laying down al;ot they are draining the batteries. Even without teh pager going off it is still blinking and using the battery power.

Well I changed batteries again. This is just the third set in two weeks. this seems excessive to me, but the pager has been working normally the rest of the day. So hopefully this does the trick. I am hoping that I just had gotten a bad batch of batteries too.

thanks everyone for the input.!!

You do want to buy quality batteries. Make sure they have long expiration dates and are made by a quality company i.e. Duracell etc.

Latest posts

Back