Bad way to start the day

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denise

Reaction score
I have an 18 year old cat that has been in renal failure. I knew his time was close, DH wanted to take him to the vet and put him to sleep. I refused as long as he wasnt suffering. I wanted to be the one to hold him while he passed. He'd walk around here and there, I knew he was in his own little world.

I was there the day Kermit was born, I worked at the animal clinic he was born at. I picked him out that very first day. He turned into a beautiful siamese cat. Personality was awesome. He was "the" cat of my life.

I found him this morning not able to walk, wrapped him up in a blanket and held him while he passed. I tell you that was the hardest thing I have done in a long time.

He had a great life and I will miss him.

I am glad I was able to hold him, tell him I loved him and told him it was ok to go.

Now I will go bury him.

So Sorry Your Day Started This Way, The Loss Of a Beloved Friend ALWAYS Makes For A Sad Start,
default_no.gif

But Smile And Enjoy The Special Memories For Those Will ALWAYS Stay With You
default_yes.gif

Been There Before.....
default_no.gif

Aww Denise I'm so sorry.
default_sad.png
It sounds like your little Kermit was very well loved.

I am also sorry that your special boy has passed. What wonderful memories you must have after 18 years together.

I feel so sorry and wished I had magic words to help with your pain.

Hugs

Bonnie

What a terrible way to start the morning, the week, the year.

I am so sorry you lost Kermit but very happy you have 18 years

of great memories of your furry soul mate.

I'm so sorry. I have an 16 year old cat and I know how I will be when he passes. He's the only one left from all of our cats I got when I was a kid. My boyfriend at the time got him for me. He has almost no teeth, but he still eats and isn't loosing weight, so that's a good thing.

Christy

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It's hard to lose a fur-baby and only "pet parents" truely understand. You had a long time with Kermit and he had a wonderful life. Just know he's not suffering any longer and you will see him again. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.

I am SO sorry you lost your boy.

I had a girl kitty I had for 18 years....they do become so much a part of us when they are with us for so long.

My condolences....

Liz

Denise,

I am so saddened to hear of your cat. I know we try not to play favorites, but some animals steal your heart more than others. Hopefully you can find comfort knowing he is not suffering, but I know you miss him terribly. Holding him was the last, most precious gift you could have given him. He left this world in the most loving arms. Bless you for doing that for him.

Latest posts

Back