Back from holidays

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justaboutgeese

Reaction score
Travels to Texas at this time of the year are full of surprises. There were two days while I was there the temperature was in excess of the hundred degree mark. This is just April WOW !!!!!. There was no chance to travel and visit with other people this time as I flew down. My travel was with my son-in-law (not a horse person) or with my four grandchildren ages two through eight. I would never drop in on a stranger with four children no matter how well behaved they were !!!

I did happen to notice many mini horses in the area when we did get out. Just north of them is Alamo Mineatures and traveling further north on highway 281 towards Blanco there were two other places on the east side of the highway. If I had some information on these I would like to stop on my next trip down.

Just for information for those that might be familiar with the area my daughter lives just north of the intersection of highways 46 and 281. They live in the Kestral Air Park subdivision.

But I am glad to be back home for now and look forward to getting out on the road and meet some people in the near future.

I could tell you if I could remember their names.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Wow I cannot believe that with all the mini horse people in Texas I cannot find out who these farms belong two. The Ranch just south of Blanco Texas on 281 had a large number of Minis in the fields. The next one further south had mini horses as well as some mini donkies. Alamo Miniatures had fewer horses in a dry lot not very far from the road but has some nice looking animals (well from the highway at 65 MPH) . Ther was one other breeder near Bourne Texas. So many horses in a small area. Any help anybody can provide will be appreciated.

Some of the minis you saw, probably belonged to Alamo. I know Jane keeps a lot of her horses down the road at another farm. She told me at one time who and where, but I can't remember. Alamo miniatures has several very nice horses. She owns some very well known stallions, including Cross Country Call Me Sir. I showed a daughter last year and took a top ten at Nationals with her.

The other farm Jane Macon uses belongs to Fernando Vincente, the Mexican singer. He also owns minis. Jane keeps an eye on his place for him.

MA

Good to hear from you Geese -- wondered where you were and what was going on in your life now.

JJ

Welcome back Vic, and I'm sure some of the others who live in that area will be on here and let you know who those farms might be.

I know exactly the places you're talking about...I go up 281 when I go visit my parents. The other place is called ?Rosie's? Pony Farm, if I remember correctly (and I may be thinking about RosMel ponies, but I'm pretty sure it's Rosie's)

I have always wanted to stop by, but there is no sign about visitors, and the gate is always closed. I've looked online for them too, but no luck.

There are a ton of minis out there, but I've slowed down to look and I think some are bigger shetlands. They're always piled up under the white shelters out of the sun, so I can't really tell for sure. She's got some cuties though!

We're right outside of Boerne, TX and there are sooo many mini places around here. My husband has been to the Hallmark Farms (awesome awesome horses), and there is a place about 1 mile up the road that has 10-15 really nice mini mares turned out in their pasture (I've never worked up the nerve to go in there either
default_rolleyes.gif
: ) but there is no sign and I can't find a website for them.

I've seen several other websites of larger breeders in/around Boerne, too...Fowlers?, Ranger Creek?, and there is one more here in Pipe Creek, TX that I've wanted to visit.

Oh and there's me!! I have a mini gelding!! :lol:

Back