Back from Area 4 National Show!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaykay

Reaction score
Woohoo we are back!! And Star didnt foal yet so I am sure she will be like Patches and foal tonight while Im so tired I cant keep my eyes open.

We had such a blast at the Area 4 show. Lennie puts on such fun shows! Attendance wasnt great but not horrible either. There were 138 horses. They were up to almost 150 but that virus going around some farms had to scratch sad.gif Got to see and visit with a lot of my old pals from Illinois (especially excited about seeing Ginny (Ginia here on LB) and meet some new people. Everyone was so relaxed. We had a ball being stalled between Larry Parnell and Amber Montgomery. What a hoot they are. They kept us laughing all weekend. Also thanks to Brooke and Heather for helping us on Sat when all the girls showed back to back.

Im so proud of my horses and Kyle. Kyle worked his a** off and did such a great job presenting our ponies.

We did not win any of the color payback money but it was so fun doing it. The pot for 1st was about 200.00 so some walked away with some nice change. The parade of Champions was also a nice touch and a lot of fun

Okay going to try and remember what we placed. Its all a blur now.

Baxters Black Intimidator (dale) Everyone kept asking where I have been hiding him LOL.

3rd yearling classic futurity

1st open yearling under

1st ammy owned and shown

Jr Champion

Grand Champion

OMG he had the most beautiful liberty run! I was so excited as he did just like his mother did and used the entire ring, flagged his tail and showed his goregous trot. But ummm then I couldnt catch him sad.gif But it was a blast watching him. We just stood in the ring and let him do his thing. I got so many compliments on his run but hey you gotta catch them. We are gonna work on that before congress

Baxters Silver Sensation

1st Ammy mare

1st owned, shown and bred

1st 2 year old mare over

1st solid color

I think 1st in youth?

She kinda blew it though in the jr champ class but still had a great show

Wauk A Way Joanne

Jo had a bad show. She has gotten buddy sour with Sensation above and threw a hissy fit in the ring. They will now be seperated

2nd yearling classic mare

1st youth mare

4th multi color

2nd ammy classic mare

Wauk A Way Tiny Dancer (Feature daughter) again I was asked where I have been hiding her LOL

1st Model foundation mare

1st Senior foundation mare

Grand Champion Foundation mare

2nd Multi color

1st Youth foundation

Baxters Black Jim Bean also showed but I cant remember what all he got but I know he did very well and the gelding classes were probably the largest classes there. Bigger even then the mare classes which was good to see

My only complaint on the show was some problems with the photographer sad.gif We tried to get a backdrop picture of dale with the grand champion sign and just couldnt get the photographer to take the pic. So we gave up. I swear I just can never get a picture of dale. I think what they used as flooring (small colored rocks) was just not good for ponies. I know none of the horses there wanted to stand on it and this photographer might be a little too fussy about when he takes the pic. But if thats all I have to complain about that isnt much!

All of my pics came out terrible. Heres a couple of Baxters Jim Beam (over division yearling gelding) Owned by Brooke and Heather (I have their permission to post) and one of our Ribbons and 2 glass flowers. He gave out glass flowers for championsships (with the ribbon) and some beautiful glass vases etc for ammy and other classes

ribbons.jpg

jimgreat.jpg

I guess the pics are too big to load (I've tried twice)

But CONGRATS on a great show!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Now get some REST!

Thanks so much. REO sorry you cant see I will try to resize. HOping my friend got more pictures.

I also want to thank Lennie Bertrand and Merry Wicke for organizing and running such a great fun show

That is great!! I hope to go the the area 4 show next year if it is still in Gordyville as i just love Gordyville
default_smile.png

Congratulations agian
default_smile.png
. Will you be at Urbana this weekend?

Kay? I hate to be a pest
default_laugh.png

But, any info on what kind of virus is going around?

Leeana I am tempted to run Joanne down to Urbana and make her show all by herself. She has to learn that she can be apart from Promise. Ughh its so hard when you try to save some money and put 2 in a stall but then they become buddy sour. I do think putting 2 in a stall eases their stress but dang she was so bad at this last show when she couldnt see promise. What day do classic mares show?

REO you have a pm

Kay congratulations on your placings.Glad to hear you had fun I think thats the best part of showing enjoying yourself.

Sunday...it is the same schedule as Greenville. You should go as i know the classic mare division will be full as i know of several that will be there so good for those HOF points :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kay, I just saw your post. I wish I had known you were there. I was the one with the baby overo!! He was so much fun to show. Such a little show off. He only placed 2nd in the 'official' color class, but Tied for the JACKPOT win! That was better yet...we came home with MONEY! lol

We didn't have any problems getting the photographer to take pictures. They have their proofs posted on their website, with some candid shots. Maybe there are some pictures of you there too. www.dkimage-design.com

I'll try to post a picture of Splash, but I'm not sure if I can get it right
default_wacko.png

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm53/fa...01/SplashR2.jpg

HI Mary

Your little guy was just adorable! Poor Meadow wanted to be his momma LOL

Its so funny that so many forum members were there and we had no idea.

I did post about a week out and ask who was going but got no replies

Congrats on your wins!

We were there as well we had all the little kids it was great fun! We ended up buying 3 ponies before it was over with I got one and the kids mom bought 2 so we had a great weekend!

RNR

We had a really good time at this show. Lennie put on a great show. Does anyone know if they ever caught the baby Zebu calf that got away when they unloaded them????? They were so cute.

It really helped when my horse placed 1st in the Multi-Color Jackpot class. That was awesome. Had fun and took home a pretty good chunk of money too. That was a good idea that Lennie had.

Hi donna

Yes they did find the Zebu Calf!!!! I was so worried they wouldnt. Lennie always puts on such fun shows and has great ideas to make them even better!

I am soooooooooooo glad they found it. I have worried about it terribly. It was so young. Only 3 1/2 weeks old.

Back