BABIES are home ~ PIC enclosed and...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlatCreekFarm

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Hubby and I brought little Ruby and Gracie home tonight. They seem to be doing well, eating on their own of course. Just so darn cute
default_wub.png
: They had been touched very little, so this is going to take some time. At this point I’m glad that they’re so tiny ~ Ruby already made me eat a little straw-dust
default_blush.png
: The owner’s grandkids had spoiled Gracie a little bit, but apparently Ruby hadn’t been loved on ~ except for her mama of course.. I held them each a bit and hugged them… working on bonding. Gracie seemed to like it. Ruby kicked some, but that's ok. I'm patient
default_wub.png
: I could have hung out with them more, but didn’t want to stress them. They are locked up for the night to stay nice and warm ~ it’s gonna be upper 30’s here tonight in Missouri. Too early for that!
[/SIZE]

Just going to take it slow and be patient (especially with that little fireball Ruby)
default_yes.gif
: I’ll keep you posted on my progress with them, and take some pics soon! :bgrin

*edited to update topic*

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: I can imagine how happy you are to have them home. It always seems like such a long wait when we buy babies and have to wait till they are weaned. Just keep loving and hugging on them..and they will be following you everywhere in a short time.
default_wub.png
: Then you will know what its really like to be owned by a donkey, and you'll love every minute of these entertaining lovable longears.
default_wub.png
: Cant wait to see pics. I bet your not going to get much sleep tonight. :bgrin Corinne

Congrats on getting the babies home!

Man I did not relize we were getting that cold tonight :new_shocked: :new_shocked:

I better go bed the baby goats down in more hay!

RNR

Oh I can imagine just how excited you are :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: I can''t wait to see pictures and get updates of how the new kids are doing. Congrats on getting them both. I'm sooo very happy for you :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

:aktion033: That is great! I look forward to MANY updates
default_yes.gif
:

Well, we made it ok through the night. I got up about 3 to check on them. Every time I see those cute long ears... my heart just melts
default_wub.png
: Oh, and those big loving eyes looking up at me.. just the sweetest. But everyone here already knows about that feeling, don't you?
default_wink.png
: I was awakened to "music" this morning. Love it, love it!!
default_wub.png
: They are still locked up in their shelter for now, then when hubby comes home from his outing today we will let them into their pen for the first time (we are anticipating some more "mini rodeo" action so wanted him to be here to help if need be). I'm excited to watch them running around their new pen!! Sounds like prime picture time to me
default_yes.gif
:

Bonnie, I'm excited for you too!! :aktion033: :aktion033: What a joy they are
default_wub.png
: Of course, we will expect reports from you too
default_yes.gif
:

p.s. to Ce - how did you know I wouldn't get much sleep last night?
default_wink.png
: :bgrin I'm taking my next cup of java out to enjoy with the li'l girls
default_wink.png
:

Glad you brought the babies home. I just recently got my first two donkeys. It doesn't take them long to warm up. Mine were 1 and 2 when I got them. I have had them for only 2 weeks. They were touched very much either. But now they just love to be loved on. They spoiled very easy. I too am in Missouri. Love to see others in my state that love the donks. Good luck and love them lots. They will love you back.

[SIZE=14pt]congrats :aktion033: , it must feel so good to have them home! hope there is no rodeo today for you but if there is we would love to see the pictures :new_rofl: . have fun with them
default_yes.gif
: , Nikki
[/SIZE]

:aktion033: Wasn't that the best wake up call in the world :aktion033:

Don't worry about their "offstandishness" (funny fake work)

they'll come around ..... they had a BIG day yesterday
default_yes.gif
:

As for it being cool outside, they will adjust just fine. It is amazing the temperature extremes that Donks can take....they just don't like getting wet
default_wink.png
:

Have a fun weekend and take some pics.

It's great that you got them home, it'll be fun to see pictures. Congratulations.

[SIZE=14pt] :aktion033: Yippee Tammy :aktion033: So happy the transaction went well... I bet your on cloud nine
default_wub.png
: Get that camera going :lol: Give the girls a big hug for me...Enjoy
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

spend some time with them, they will warm up faster than you might think! pretty soon you won't be able to take pictures unless someone else is there to distract them or take the pics for you, they will have their little mugs right in the camera wanting your attention if you are the only one there LOL

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations, I know you've waited a long time! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Don't be discouraged with them not being so loving right off. I had one like that too. Believe me, once they realize that you are their new mommy and are safe, you won't be able to keep them off of you!! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Treats help too!
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]YES, we can't wait to see pics of them at their new home![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Finally - pictures of the girls at home ... took me long enough, huh? Sheesh, who knew that two li'l donkeys could keep someone soooo busy
default_wub.png
: I was so happy with this picture - took it yesterday and they even "posed"... lol. This may never happen again :no: Even the flash in their eyes kinda looks like ornery little gleams - and how true is that
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

Ruby_Gracie_portrait2.jpg

Can you tell what they just finished doing? Always rolling in the dirt or grass just before a photo shoot
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Tonight the pictures were more "in your face" type, so guess we're making some good progress :aktion033:

Thanks everyone!! I'm SO glad they're here - really don't want to go to work tomorrow. Would much rather stay home and play :no:

That pic is ADORABLE, it would make such a cute christmas card. THanks so much for sharing a pic, I love the 2 little sweeties. Ce

ps..did you go to work today?? or stay home to play???

Back