Australia Wildfires--96 killed; deadliest ever

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sassy1, so glad to hear you are okay. Thanks for checking in. This is such a horrific tragedy. Wildfires are the most terrifying thing and we see our fair share here in California. I just cannot believe the death toll in Victoria! Those poor families...people and animals alike. I'm sorry to hear of your friends' losses. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

I am very fond of Australia & always have had a weak spot for it. Its very amazing to me that today's technology cannot produce a cost effective shelter safe from fire for this area. Sort of like storm shelters used in the USA to hide safely from a tornado; or bomb shelters in the middle east. Air & temperatures extremes would be the larger problems BUT the time frame would only have to be for a short period. Is concrete cost effective there? Air filters & fans could take care of the air problem. Alot of schools now are built with area storm shelters; maybe area fire shelters in towns & the rooms still can be used for a general use purpose. Got to start somewhere as this is way way to costly to avoid a prevention drive!

Tornado's use to kill many in the USA until an effort was directed toward prevention and now to loose even one to a tornado is not very common.

Lets hope the fortunes for, our friends, the Aussies also can turn a diaster through technology into a NON-REPEAT.

We are very deeply sorry for ALL your losses!

What is happening is so tragic I have heard of so many tragetys,I am in New zealand and in the south island at night you can see the sky glowing from the fires and now the smoke from australia can be seen as well, So the share size of what is happening is huge.

Back