ASPC/AMHR All-Star Year End Awards

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen S

Reaction score
Hi to All:

The 2005 ASPC/AMHR All-Star Year End Awards closes on December 1st of each year and the official results usually don't come out until January. I do see one show that was held on November 19-20th in Area V that has not been posted yet, but the office does have the paperwork so waiting on those horses to be updated that competed at that show two weeks ago.

Watch the December Journal for your updates regarding advertising your All-Star winners in the spring Journal. Congrats to all who placed in the Top Ten on the National and your local level.

Karen Shaw

Fiddlestix Miniatures & Shetlands

Burleson Texas

Karen, just a quick thank you for always keeping us current with AMHR stuff--too easy to miss the boat without a *nudge* now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information.
smile.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Thanks KAren.... guess I counted Sweeties chickens before they were hatched then ..... hope he maintains his placings![/SIZE]

Lyn

Well, if nothing changes in the next few days, my good mare Sunfire's Wings of an Angel is 5th in the NATIONAL All Stars in Aged Mare 34" and Under, and 10th in Senior Champion and Reserve!!! Haven't figured out the CANADIAN All Stars yet! I was so hoping that Angel was going to finish her Hall of Fame this year, but is still lacking one Grand. Oh well. These National All Stars are pretty darn fabulous, too!!!

Thanks, Karen, for always keeping us right up on things in the AMHR!

Thanks for the update... I'd been wondering! Ruby is in first in the region in 13-17 youth B mare, third in amatuer B mare L1, and I think fifth in open. Nationally she's top twenties, not sure exactly where!

What do you earn for all star awards anyway? This is my first time in!

Thanks,

Jess

Thanks for the update Karen ~

If all goes well with the way the current standings are, we should have 5 Top Tens, actually in the top 6 out of ten placings, in the National All Stars for 2005, hope so anyway ~ keep our fingers crossed for sure...

As far as the Area One shows standings we should have 4 first places, 4 seconds, 1 third, 2 fourths, 1 fifth, 2 sixth places, 1 eighth, 1 ninth.

We had a great time with everyone this year showing and meeting some really nice people, making new friendships and memories that will last a lifetime as well!

aktion033.gif

KAREN,

YOU DO A GREAT JOB KEEPING UP WITH ALL OF THESE THINGS, AND I JUST WANTED TO THANK YOU FOR THAT.
aktion033.gif

Thanks for the update! Hope my weanie filly, Lark, can maintain her status in the top ten for National, or at least stay in the top for our area.

Not sure where Mouse is, or if he even shows up, but just maybe....

What a year it's been for us, and I keep wondering if we can ever top it.

smile.gif

Liz M.

You all are very welcome!

Jess,

With All-Stars the ASPC/AMHR Registry will mail you some really nice certificates embossed in gold to frame and show off what your horse has done during the 2005 show season. Some clubs have awards banquets where they present these All-Star awards to their club members. Some Area's will also give out Area All-Stars to the Top Ten in their Area.

Some people refer to All-Stars as a "trailer race" meaning how many shows you can get to in a year. I use All-Stars to measure how my horses are doing consistently at the shows we attend. This is also where your Ponies of the Year awards comes in how consistent they are showing against other horses on a National level. Pony of the Year awards are given out at Convention every year and they received a really nice placque. My Classic Stallion, Pan's Silver Image was Halter Pony of the Year in 2002 due to his All-Star points (he's the one in my Alvatar).

Karen Shaw

Fiddlestix Miniatures & Shetlands

Burleson Texas

Karen,

You had said in your last post "With All-Stars the ASPC/AMHR Registry will mail you some really nice certificates embossed in gold to frame and show off what your horse has done during the 2005 show season." Well, last year, my son took Top 10 All-Stars in Leadline and the horse he showed in MPC halter also took top 10s. We were sent a letter to advertise and the rankings. No certificate. I wonder why that is????

Thanks!

Jenifer

[SIZE=14pt]I never got anything besides a letter either.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Two years ago Sophie was Reserve Champion National All Stars in Her Age class, and in color, we got nothing. I did call and asked, I was told, the frame certificate only went to the National Champion All Star Per Class. The top horse per class.

For the top horse in an Area, that is up to the Area.

I went back and looked at my Certificates that I received last year. I a certificate for the 1st & 2nd places on all of my horses not for 3rd to 10th (should have clarified). In the past for our Area placings we did give out those certificates all the way to the 10th place, but those certificates were sponsored by a person in our club since the Registry doesn't send them out.

Karen

I haven't won a National All Star Champion or Reserve yet, but have a couple of top tens now, and the (photocopied?) form letter the Registry sends out is a nice acknowledgement of that achievement.

However, for the Canadian All Stars, it's quite different. Our horses have earned any number of Champions, Reserves, and Top Tens, and we are sent a typed list for each class we have placed in, with our horse's name highlighted in yellow. Hmmm. Nothing with the Registry letterhead even. Looks like a list I could have printed off myself. Having said that, though, I wouldn't give up those lists for all the tea in China, even if they were written in crayon on a serviette
biggrin.gif
, and I'm still thrilled and honoured that the Registry acknowledges the Canadians on our own terms, so to speak.

I heard that the Top Two in each class get the nice certificate and all other placings from there on get a letter stating that you were in the top ten and wanting you to put advertising in the Journal for your placings in the All Stars. I guess we will wait and see what comes in the mail eventually.

It appears as though the last show is listed in the show results. I was trying to keep track of all the shows during the year and delete shows as they were listed on the results page and I still have 2 shows. Maybe they were cancelled?

August

Pending August 13 Big Enuf AMHR Show Wilton, CA Ed Hawkins 209-536-1240 AMHR

October

Approved October 22-23 1st Bewitching Show Series Marianna, FL Ruthanne Cimiotta 352-347-3143 AMHR, Classic, Modern, ASPR

I don't know, just thought I'd ask....
wacko.gif

Dont forget that the journal prints all the top 10 winners in all divisions in the April edition.

Also beware, I forgot to get my membership renewed in time last year and had to beg for the issue as I had two horses listed.

I too got a very bad typewritten list last year in the mail but still thrilled to have been in the journal.

Showing is the fun, points are the cream on top to prove I am accomplishing more each year.

Latest posts

Back