Asburger's Syndrome?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter doesn't have Asperger's, but at first we thought she did. The school has diagnosed her with Selective Mutism, extreme social anxiety, and I will be seeking a professional diagnosis this year. For 3 years, she only spoke to her daddy in her own "special voice" and only spoke normally to her sister and I. When we tried to force her to speak normally to her own father, who has never been anything but loving and wonderful towards her, she totally shut down and didn't speak to him at all for a YEAR!

I'm sorry, but these people who are saying that there's a "name for everything" do NOT know how we live. My daughter has NEVER spoken to a teacher (she's in 1st grade now), and only whispers to certain classmates. In order for the teacher to know that she can read at all, we have to tape record her reading at home and take it to the teacher.
STEPH:

It's very important to find an "expert" who works with Selective Mutism children in your area. Again, we were very fortunate to find Dr. Christopher Inglese in Neenah, WI who's a reknown expert in autism and tourette's syndrome. Perhaps the Board of the website you mentioned can refer you to a professional in your area.

My heart goes out to you, as you are in the beginning stages of dealing with the diagnosis. When the first pediatric neurologist gave the diagnosis (never touched or interacted with our child), we were told that David would NEVER attend a prom, drive, hold down a job or get married! Of course, we left the office devastated.

That night was the first time on the internet to research the topic. Get this....the "professionals" were in a heated battle on whether to spell the word with a "P" or "B"! :new_shocked: Being the rebel and mama bear, I figured there was not enough up-to-date information, so I relied on God and gut instinct to work with my child. This was a pivotal moment, and CHOOSE to get through the maze of uppity professionals with a sense of humor.

Again, GOD GIVES SPECIAL CHILDREN TO SPECIAL PEOPLE! Always remember that on difficult days!

Cindy

:saludando:

I am actually afraid to reply any further........if I do I may have to leave this forum......I would open myself way to far in way to public a place so it would be the end.........

I for my own reasons tend to agree with the diagnosis for everything nowdays.....I think it is a way for certain doctors and drug companies to get rich quick..............I do not minimize anyone who is actually experiencing first hand true illness/syndromes/etc......but far too many in this society and I hate to say this but schools and teachers in particular want normal kids labelled and drugged because it just makes it easier :no: :no: :no: I will not get into my personal reasons at this point but this is my belief based on my experiences............

Kim you need to to seriously look into drugs before you are looking into a coffin...... :no: :no: :no:

Don't worry Rory, I'm looking into that, too.

Because I work in the Special Education field, I understand the many sides that have been expressed in this thread. I appreciate the wide variety of views and experience I have seen here. I know it is ALL given with love and support, and that means so much to me.

I value each of your opinions, and will do what I think is best for my son...I know I will have your loving support for the actions I take.

Thank you so much...we have such a caring community!

Kim R.

The internet empowers us with knowledge unavailable to most in the past. Modern medicine has available new treatments to diseases and syndromes not prviously diagnosed. You all are the caretakers of these children and it is up to you to see that they receive all possible to make their lives as fullfilling as possible.

Never doubt your intuitions they are so very powerful. Don't allow anyone to let you think otherwise without exhausting all avenues.

I am actually afraid to reply any further........if I do I may have to leave this forum......I would open myself way to far in way to public a place so it would be the end.........

I for my own reasons tend to agree with the diagnosis for everything nowdays.....I think it is a way for certain doctors and drug companies to get rich quick..............I do not minimize anyone who is actually experiencing first hand true illness/syndromes/etc......but far too many in this society and I hate to say this but schools and teachers in particular want normal kids labelled and drugged because it just makes it easier :no: :no: :no: I will not get into my personal reasons at this point but this is my belief based on my experiences............

Kim you need to to seriously look into drugs before you are looking into a coffin...... :no: :no: :no:

Rory, in all honesty, I agree with you. Especially when it comes to ADD and ADHD. I babysat a boy with REAL ADHD for about 6 months and he didn't act like any kid that I've ever seen with a so-called diagnosis. He wasn't hyperactive or out of control, he acted more like my daughter and the other kids mentioned here.

A lot of teachers are quick to push the terms ADD and ADHD around because the parents can't control the children and therefore, the teachers can't control them either. I also babysat a boy who was just extremely hyperactive and the mother refused to discipline him as much as she probably should have. His teacher insisted that he be put on drugs and now he is :no: He's not so hyper now, but he has that "drugged" look about him.

I'm not questioning the diagnosis of any child discussed here and I'm not saying that the parents or doctors are wrong. I believe that every child is different and only we know what's best for our own kids. ADD and ADHD are REAL illnesses, but doctors, teachers, and parents are too quick to throw around those terms when it involves a perfectly normal, but undisciplined, child
default_sad.png

Well..

The first time the doc told me he suspisions of Aspergers I freaked on his head. All I can tell you parents is stick to your guns. And beleive it or not, the best thing we ever did for Kyle was get him "labelled" at school. Once labelled here in Canada, the school board has a legal and serious obligation to get him the help/tutoring/mentoring/social skills/whatever he needs to function/be educated in the system. I was terribied, thought he'd be the "dummy" etc, but it has proved to be a godsend! He still struggles with school, but he has his OWN Resource teacher, and a whole period for the purpose. The other kids (he's in grade 9) don't have this, and at first Kyle was concerned about being "out of the cliche", but in actuall fact other kids are envious that he gets all the help.

I have struggled with this wonderful boy since his birth. It's a wonder I'm not on Valium and he's not hung by the toes in the tree. Find someone you can bump ideas off, explore the miriad of resource your school board DOES have...and don't get upset when they don't want to hug you.

It's like having a child with ADHD, Turretts,Aspergers, all rolled into one...and so darn bright...encourage any interest they have, it may be short-lived but it is an interest.

Kim

Kim, in the United States, we have federal laws that govern how students with disabilities are taught and treated. students who need it get help, and this help is the responsibility of the school district. It gets most of the funding for special education from the federal government...however, parents have the last word when it comes to whether the student gets help or not. the student must be tested at length, and qualify for the federally funded program. The special education teacher (that would be me!) is the teacher that is ultimately accountable to make sure parents are informed and give permission to test. The special education teacher coordinates testing, and sets up the meeting to discuss the results. The parents have to sign on the dotted line in order for the implementation of the Individualized Education Program.

Steph, NO teacher can INSIST that a child be put on medication. I know, I've tried! The parent must agree, the testing must be done, the medical doctor has to make the diagnosis. The medication is not over the counter. Believe me, there are tons of kids out there that need help, whether it be from medication, or the support of the special education team, whose parents refuse...for some crazed idea of nobility...MY child is better than that...I won't put MY child with the retards...these children are in dire danger of failing in life...it is heartbreaking to watch them struggle in grade school. It is AGONIZING to watch them give up in middle school...and then we're lucky if we see them in high school.

Don't discount the diseases that are showing up in our world today. ADD and ADHD are realities of our society. They may be products of the food we eat, the air we breathe, or the way we live our lives. Yes, there are kids out there who are undisciplined, and parents may be unaware, uninformed, or simply uncaring. But these kids are very much in the minority. These diseases have to do with the function of the brain, and we know very little about how the brain works...and why it does what it does. I highly advocate a change in diet for children who are diagnosed with ADD or ADHD.

And by the way, there is a BIG difference between the two. The child with ADD usually is not overactive. That child can be just a little spacy, where they are unable to concentrate on a single thing for very long. The child with ADHD is the one that is usally all over the place. There is a fine line between normal, and a child who has one of these difficulties. A child with ADHD can't stop moving. He/she has something inside of them that makes them wiggle...any effort to stop is frustrating. And believe me, it is frustrating for the child as well as the adults around him. No amount of deprivation, discipline, spanking, or what ever else can make that child stop moving. Parents usually get blamed for the problem, but they are no more to blame than if their child had diabetes, or cancer. Through rigorous, direct teaching in small groups with few distractions, and strong behavior modification as well as medication, these students can be helped.

Advances in the studies of the brain are being made every day. Making off-handed remarks about diseases that are misunderstood is not something new. It has been happening since the arrival of medical science became common place. Freud was scoffed because of his ideas. Every new advancement in medicine has been greeted with nay-sayers. But before you pass judgement that bad parenting or bad kids are the cause, do a little research. Most parents who have children who are a little "different" have had to. Walk a mile in my shoes, or those of Kay, or Kim or Cindy, the the hundreds of thousands of parents who are like us. On this forum some parents have been brave enough to speak out. Imagine those that are afraid to..just on this forum! There are too many occurances of ADD, ADHD, or Aspergers to say it is random, or non-existant.

Kim R.

Well..

The first time the doc told me he suspisions of Aspergers I freaked on his head. All I can tell you parents is stick to your guns. And beleive it or not, the best thing we ever did for Kyle was get him "labelled" at school. Once labelled here in Canada, the school board has a legal and serious obligation to get him the help/tutoring/mentoring/social skills/whatever he needs to function/be educated in the system. I was terribied, thought he'd be the "dummy" etc, but it has proved to be a godsend! He still struggles with school, but he has his OWN Resource teacher, and a whole period for the purpose. The other kids (he's in grade 9) don't have this, and at first Kyle was concerned about being "out of the cliche", but in actuall fact other kids are envious that he gets all the help.

Kim
WOW.....talk about hitting the nail on the head! Kudos to you Kim (Wildwood).

You are a tremendous advocate for your son to swallow your motherly pride (which all parents confront) and get your son LABELED, entitling him to the assistance he needed. David is in "special" or "pull out" classes to address his individual needs....and ther kids are a bit envious, yet supportive. Actually, the kids have come to understand/appreciate David's photographic memory on many topics....and call him "smart".

David doesn't have any "regular/daily" friends he plays with during recess. He plays with lots of kids and doesn't understand "cliques".....or the peer pressure to wear the latest fashions. That, in particular, was so peculiar to his way of thinking, when a mean-spirited girl tried to harrass him about his attire. Hilarious!

Sure, some kids have tried to bully David....but he's so direct with intelligent quips, that the offending party isn't sure if they've been insulted by a bigger mind, so they leave him alone.

Besides, in a town of 590 and a husband that travels extensively, folks understand that David's mom has zero tolerance for fools of any age or position in live. At first the administrators of this small district thought I was nuts/irreverent for giving them the "heads-up" on dealing with David....he is not to be treated any different than other kids.

On one occasion, I was forced to play the SPECIAL ED CARD, e-mailing the superintendent with a cc to the State Department of Education. Holy cow, did the administrators act quickly. After three years, administration has come to understand that I'm just an advocate, not a overprotective fruitcake. As such, administrators urge parents of autistic children to contact me to talk about the road ahead.

As Kim (Wildwood) stated, the cards are stacked against parents of these very special children. However, once a parent gets over the shock of a diagnosis, the fun of challenging the system and forging ahead is very rewarding, indeed! YOU GO KIM!

Cindy

default_yes.gif
:

Kim, in the United States, we have federal laws that govern how students with disabilities are taught and treated. students who need it get help, and this help is the responsibility of the school district. It gets most of the funding for special education from the federal government...however, parents have the last word when it comes to whether the student gets help or not. the student must be tested at length, and qualify for the federally funded program. The special education teacher (that would be me!) is the teacher that is ultimately accountable to make sure parents are informed and give permission to test. The special education teacher coordinates testing, and sets up the meeting to discuss the results. The parents have to sign on the dotted line in order for the implementation of the Individualized Education Program.

Kim R.
yes this is all very true...however Idaho is well known for not following through on administering their program.......I have been fighting this system since I moved here..both my children had/have IEP's when we arrived...these schools didn't want to use the existing IEP's required far to much output on their part..BUT they sure like getting their federal money..so they have slowly made the IEP's less stringent barely addressing the issues and in the last meeting for my hearing impaired son she told me I had to sign the IEP so she could get her funding even though I wanted further testing and changes made to the IEP...I do not feel it fully addresses his needs...she really doesn't care she is in charge and will do it her way the way she has been doing it the way that has lead my son to actually regress in skills he had mastered a year ago........I know I could hire an attorney but my money wont cover that...so basically I am now home schooling him in the evenings to cover all the areas that are not being addressed well at school......I am really ticked off that they recieve funding EXTRA funding to provide certain things for these kids and don't do it........................

My older son goes to an alternative school because the regular jr. high just couldn't deal with him...this has actually been a great thing education wise my son loves going to school he has counsellors and extra teachers to help him ...they have less than 20 students and 12 teachers/aides....the drawback is all these students have been labelled difficult what this means is most of these kids have been in jail or in some sort of major trouble...most of them have drug problems and smoke..so while the education of my son has improved he is spending his days with the exact peer group I want to keep him away from................

I know that drugs are a huge issue in our state a bigger problem than even many other big cities.....I also know that kids who have issues are often drawn to drugs it has been a major battle to keep my son clean ....... to most on the outside he doesn't appear to be the type........some of his friends parents think I am unduly hard on him they cannot believe he possibly has done these things........well he has and he now knows he has to earn all privileges and he has to earn back our trust...he works hard at it and for the most part he is now a normal teenaged boy making norrmal teen mistakes...but it is all a battle everyday for him..........

Well to be honest :bgrin

The Principal of my son's school now realizes what "heck on wheels" means. They (the school) desiced to have my son's resource period in the second semester. This poor child is new at High School ..in first year Grade nine...WELL let me tell you, the SOB knew I was coming, because as Kyle was literally drowning in class, he had an episode (you other parents wil recongnize this one) where he used the word "bomb". Bad idea I know, but without these people having not read his file (which is about 6 inches thick), he got booted out of school (rightfully so) BUT they kept him out 2.5 weeks!!!

It took this severly P.O'd mother from heck to literally tell the Principle to go get the BLINKING file and read it ..they all kept telling me how they "looked at it". Within 5 minutes of this clown reading the file, the apologies were profuse and Kyle was set with resource, mentor and tutor.

Of course, another good friend is a principal and told me that if you became a "high Maintentance Parent", you get quicker action. Boy it works now..Kyle is in the midst of exams and is doing well on a stress level.

The squeeky wheel does get the grease, and I took a very long time before I became squeeky because I didn't wabt anyone to "think" my son was different. Well, he is, and a great kid, just my nemesis.

Kim

Oh boy...

Rory,

The system is NOT perfect. I've seen some very scary files, and had them "appear" 3 months after the student started at my school. In order not to be sued, we hop to it RIGHT away...one of the greatest problems I've seen is that the administration treats parents like idiots...doing the special education thing is kind of like playing 20 questions...you have to know what questions to ask in order to get people in gear, and doing their jobs. Let me tell you that even if you don't have the money for a lawyer...just say the word, and you will get help for your student. School districts are scared to death of getting sued. That not only will cost them time and money, it will mean that they will have to show why they are out of compliance to the feds. The special ed teachers themselves are liable. I get malpractice insurance through my union...pretty scary when a teacher has to do that, eh?

Kim...I know the feeling...here's my story.

I have known that Kyle was having problems since 1st grade. He one time told his first grade teacher that he was an alien, and that he took humans back to his planet for food. They got the district psychologist in on that one...they thought he was another Jeffery Daumer!! They had meetings without notifying me...I'd have sued them, but I didn't know until we moved away from the district. The notes were in Kyle's file. It was noted that they should "keep an eye on him" because he was exhibiting some "diviant behavior.

In 5th grade I insisted that Kyle be tested, and they found the non-verbal learning disorder. Because of his IQ, and the fact that he didn't need help with academics, they put him on a 504 plan.

The next year Kyle was found with a knife in his pocket. When asked by the principal, Kyle said that he had made a remark that wouldn't it be something if so-and-so got stabbed. Instantly booted out of school! But because of the 504, we had to have what is called a Manifest meeting...that answers the question...was the behavior caused by the disability. Now remember, those notes from 1st grade were still in Kyle's record...but everyone chose to ignore them and I didn't know of their existence! The principal was an a**hole. He made sure that everyone said that Kyle should go on to the expulsion hearing, and get kicked out of school. I argued with them. I pointed out that if a student that was on honor roll suddenly starts failing classes, that's an indication that there are more problems, and warrents testing. I said of course the behavior exhibited shows that Kyle needs a more restrictive environment, not to be set loose on the streets! The principal looked at me like I was an alien, but then I pointed out my teaching credentials!!! The vote was still against me, and so I went home and called a lawyer. She was in the office, and she specialized in special ed cases. She told me the right questions to ask, and said I was on the right track, and if I needed to use her name in to go ahead...but if I needed her to represent us it would cost $10,000! :eek:

So, I went to the district office and prepared to do battle. The district special education director had a meeting with me before the expulsion hearing because she had been notified about my concerns. She told me that Kyle had to fail for 6 months before they felt testing was warrented. I told her that her 6 month limit did not fit with the law...and that Kyle needed testing NOW!! I stated my case, and fortunately, (when I mentioned something about the lawyer I had consulted!) she disbanded the expulsion hearing, and agreed with me. I was able to choose the psychologist who would test Kyle. It is that psychologist that found the notes from 1st grade. After he found the severe social anxiety, the agreed to let Kyle back into school. He had been in an interum placement so that he didn't lose any time with school. The bussed him clear across the town to another middle school. My husband and I told them that there was too much animosity and they he was not to go back to the old school. Kyle was placed on an IEP for the emotional disorder and I was able to pull my claws back in. Oh, by the way. I found out later that the staff at the middle school where the ruckus happened when through "retraining" concerning how manifest meetings should be conducted. HMMM, I ruffled a LOT of feathers!

Being an advocate for our children is certainly not easy. It takes time and energy. I knew that we were right...and I proved it. I was proud of myself, I was calm, and insistent. I pointed out the facts, and stated my case. I was squeeky. If as a parent you have difficulty understanding what the administrators of the school is saying, there are advocates out there for parents. You may take anyone you want to with you into a meeting. The law requires that you be given the papers that tell you what your rights as a parent are. Carefully read them, and if you don't understand them, get someone to help you. Don't let the system beat you. When I am in a meeting with parent, I let them know that we all have a common goal..and that is to help the child. I can hold a meeting and empathize with the parents because I've been in their shoes. It helps!

Kim R.

Kim (Willowood):

Your last post was deja vu......we moved to this small community three years ago and the school clearly wanted the federal funding, but not "service" our son. His "resource" teacher was a young lad with no clue about ANY FORM OF AUTISM. Okay, being polite, I suggested getting on the internet and educating himself. DUH! He knew ahead of time of David's issue and didn't take the time to learn about the disorder.

Sadly, David had three teachers that year. One kicked David out after three days because she didn't want to deal with him, the second had absolutely no control of her classroom and FAILED him in 6 subjects without advising us. Holy cow, the report card sent me over the edge and the windows of our entire house got steamed up. I had warned the principal of David's getting lost in the confusion and not learning a thing.

Next day, I walked directly into the Principal's office, closed the door, and administered my brand of "THIS IS WHAT I WANT....AND THIS IS HOW WE'LL GET IT!" The teacher and administration FAILED, rather than my son! Unbelievably, I was only humored for a couple days! That's when I went to the superintendent and let him know exactly how each teacher/administrator failed to do their job....and had the audacity to "humor" me to the back burner.

The entire school knows David's mama can be a consistently high maintenance, impatient, less than politically correct parent. Now, after getting the help he deserves and to my satisfaction, administrators enjoy my feisty, to-the-point manner of handling issues. Leaves no room for misinterpretation.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

As an aside, I designed and was the contractor for our ranch which was being built the first year David began attending this school. Of course, the small town gossip mill had some grist about the city woman in steel-toed (safety) cowboy boots who "ran the job". Actually, as you all know, I'm a softy with self-confidence issues. However, where David's concerned, rest assured, when I need to confront a school issue, those size 8 boots are part of my attire!
default_yes.gif
:

DON'T GET ME STARTED......with local baseball programs and their coaches!
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
prepare for mom combustion :bgrin

Kris was testing at the end of last year close to grade level in most subjects a little low but not enough to hold back and I am not a believer in holding children back I believe they need to be challenged (this causes huge resnetment between myself and the supposed special ed teacher)....we tested him end of winter and his scores were a grade lower than the year before :new_shocked: :new_shocked: when I confronted them they said nono...so I slapped the two sets of scores down on the table (I was prepared for world war three) and showed everyone at the table like they were 2 yr olds....the other teachers saw and questioned...the special ed teacher/resource room teacher got her feathers ruffled and babbled.......I demanded a change in how we teach him.....she dug in in...I told her he cannot be expected to do 4th grade work in class and when she pulls him out she is doing second grade work because the software says to or the guidline says or whatever......not to mention she would pull him do math and send him back so he was entering when they were 1/2 way through a language lesson ..stupid stupid stupid....even the principal and speech teacher thought that was just stupid............I got bent and contacted the state school for deaf/blind sent them all his scores and got my liasion involved...then the holidays hit......well she the liasion spent time with him in class....and this is what she said..."although his test scores are extremely low he is functioning at a higher level so she doesn't see any reason to change his placement"......I am spitting nails.....I know for a fact that his special ed teacher is still only working at the level he tests and that he is also doing the 4th grade work.....how in heck is this fair to him.....the teacher that is supposed to help him treats him like a dummy boy and I get the other teachers on board and she is sabotaging......I plan to make her life heck soon and with any luck I will get her fired and maybe we can get a younger teacher with some actual training in her place.......as luck would have it I know 2 other parents experiencing the same lack of teaching with this teacher.........I have been sick and really need to be full on to make my point without just walking in and calling her a stupid cow who needed to retire 20 yr's ago.............

She knows nothing about hearing impairment and how hearing aides work...we filled her in and she was ruffled that I knew more than her...........she has done nothing with the information and does not care to educate herself........now she has taken to avoiding any meetings with me and tries to set them all to her schedule that she knows stinks for me.........I am so bent...we all thought finally pinpointing my sons problem would lead to better ability to educate him...so far it has actually educated him less than before............next on my list is the state board of education....I am going on a letter writing campaign and plan to sqweek until she gets fired.......

I am my sons only advocate and if I don't do it no one will...........but I also don't think teachers like this should be allowed to continue teaching and possibly doing a disservice to other children as well

sorry for the rant...and that is only about 1/2 of it
default_wacko.png
:

Kim I am really not making light of this and know you have been frustrated with Kyle and his behavior issues for quite some time.

Howver the first grade thing well i frankly dont get that at all... I spend plenty of time at the elementary school and let me tell you I hear the kids say things like that all the time. ALL THE TIME and some truly believe them for the time being I again think that is part of normal growing up for a creative young child.

I know it is hard when your kid opts to be different and call attention to themselves and his gothic dress, choice of clothes, music and nailpolish all lend to that.

One would have to wonder why a young child thinking about aliens would be considered deviant behavior in any way shape or form ????? That just strikes me as very odd and frankly if those notes in his file were about his alien comment that would anger me more then anything else as again .. pretty normal stuff for young kids especially boys - to note a young child and label him a deviant over that is just not well normal
default_wacko.png
:

I am sure with your resources as a special ed teacher you can get him tested pretty quickly and see if that is indeed the issue or if it is a behavior thing either way I know how hard and frustrating it can be.

We went thru alot with my step son(who lives in CA) with bringing weapons to school, fighting and the same scenarios you did with police bringing him home (never a fun way to wake up) and all that junk. He is a very smart kid but smart enough to know the system and his way around it pretty darn good I keep telling him he can think so fast on his feet he will be one kick butt attorney :lol:

It has been a long long road with him with plenty of social service programs for both him and his mother, testing, tough love, random drug testing but he is finally on his way to being a productive part of society.

Anyway I hope with your "edge" and being in the system you can get the answers you are looking for with the resouces you have quickly.
default_smile.png

First of all I "probably" have no business even putting on a reply to this thread because I know very little about Asburger's Syndrome.

Guess until I met Cindy and David I had very limited exposure to Asburger's Syndrome.

I just must add my 2cents worth and say that I have spent considerable time with David and I can tell you that whatever it is that David's parents are doing it must be on the right track. Here is a child very polite and easy to talk to. He is so caring and you can see that he is very devoted to his Mom. David also has an uncanny way with animals to the point where we started calling him the "little horse whisperer"

Whatever it is that you are doing Cindy - keep it up!! I just LOVE that David, he is indeed a very special and precious child!!

US MOMS KICK BUTT!!! :aktion033:

Lisa, I know that you are not making light of the situation. Heck, one of the things that keeps me sane is when we all get together for our girls' night out!! At the time of the "alien incident" I thought the school was over reacting a bit myself. The teacher was close to retirement, and, well, Kyle is an extremely imaginative child! I guess they were concerned because he talked about EATING other children. Good heavens, I'm not sure what they were thinking...but children do sometimes say the darndest things!!
default_blush.png
: I remember giving permission to test for ADHD, which is something this teacher diagnosed for almost every little boy in her 1st grade classroom, and the testing said that Kyle wasn't. They just didn't kow what to do with such a little boy as Kyle.

I'm hoping I can get this thing resolved...one way or another. I know the school won't do medical testing. I talked to my doctor yesterday, and he said that Kyle would have to see a pediatric psychiatrist. Usually children get diagnosed when they are around 6, but when Kyle was 6, Asperger was still doing his research.

We'll see what happens.

Kim R.

Latest posts

Back