Arrangements for David Murphy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angie21467

Reaction score
Just got this information from the Seven Acres mb.

The funeral service for David is going to be at 10:00 Wednesday morning. It will be held at Mulhearn Funeral Home in West Monroe. Visitation will be 5:00-8:00 tomorrow at the funeral home.

Here is the address:

300 Mcmillan Rd

West Monroe, LA

This is a copy of the funeral announcement

In Loving Memory

David Lane Murphy

01/16/1957 - 7/2/2006

David Lane Murphy

Mulhearn Funeral Home

West Monroe, Louisiana

A celebration of the life of David Lane Murphy, 49, of West Monroe, LA will be held Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 10:00 AM at Mulhearn Funeral Home Chapel in West Monroe with Bro. Alan Robertson and Bro. Larry Eubanks officiating.

David was born on January 16, 1957 and left this life on July 2, 2006. Interment will follow at Pine Grove Cemetery under the direction of Mulhearn Funeral Home.

David was a wonderful husband, father and friend. As Cody says “You couldn’t ask for a better daddy.†David loved life. He loved his horses, his dogs and his Seven Acres. He could build anything and was constantly tinkering with something. If you said it couldn’t be fixed, David would fix it.

He was preceded in death by his mother, Charlene Murphy; nephew, Kolton Minchew; step father-in-law, Hilton Tolbird and step mother-in-law, Shelby Antley.

Left to cherish his wonderful memory are his loving wife of 32 years, Debi Antley Murphy; son, Cody Lane Murphy and wife Candice; daughter, Christy Lynn Murphy; father, Bobby Murphy, Sr.; mother-in-law, Carol Tolbird; father-in-law, James “Tuffy†Antley; brothers: Bobby Murphy, Jr. and Mickey Murphy; sisters: Sherry White, Janie Murphy, and Sandy Minchew; brothers-in-law: Robin Antley, Bill Phillips and Max Tolbird; 7 nephews, 6 nieces, 8 great nephews and 3 great nieces, 34 miniature horses and 10 dogs.

Pallbearers will be Craig Armstrong, Steve Brown, Mark Gable, O.L. Gregory, Kenneth Howell and Billy Joe Porter.

Honorary pallbearers will be his nephews and his “buddies†at Glenwood.

Visitation will be held at Mulhearn Funeral Home in West Monroe, LA from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM on Tuesday, July 4th, 2006.

Memorials may be made to Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance, P.O. Box 791155, Baltimore, MD 21279-1155.

funeral home

There is a video memorial and an online guest book on the funeral home website.

I encourage everyone to vistit the funeral home web site. You can view a beutiful video of David and his family and also send a messege to Debi and family. I think it is a wonderful way to let the family know you are thinking of them during this very hard time.

Especially when you live out of state. I felt like I was able to actually go to the funeral home to pay my respect.

I have never met Debi or the family, but being on the forum everyday, I feel like you are all family.

My heart goes out to the Murphy family.

Linda Killion

Debi what a beautiful memorial and so sorry we are not close enough to attend and be there to support you.

As always so hard to send our sincere sympathy from so far away, but our hearts will be with you,

Carl and Maxine

Back