ARGH! I've created a monster!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fantasia

Reaction score
So someone convinces me that I should go the upcoming NZMHA Nationals and provide horses for the Youth Challenge. SO I decide yeah, OK and I'll do some performance classes while I'm there.....oh and maybe put my Junior Mare in her class.

Said Junior Mare been out for over a month and FAT. 11 yr old gelding (who nearly died of phosphate poisoning 2yrs ago) maybe lil bit porky.

Commence road work! 1 hr per day. Commence round pen work! Two weeks on, Mare still fat. Gelding ???? as has coat on.

Bring out the clippers.......who fed my gelding steroids????????
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
He one muscly dude!!!!!! This explains why he jog trotting out on road...

Went to show today and man, all he wanted to do was GO GO GO! Even judge was shocked when I told him he was 11 yr young! He seriously thought he was used as a ridden horse (he's 34.25"!) owing to his physical appearance. Seriously, this guy looks like he's been on a body builder and hasn't. He got racehorse muscling! He took second over geldings much younger. But walk??? What dat? In the jumping her actually tried to run off on me! So, yeah, well I THINK he might be fit now........
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

As an aside Fat Mare sucked it in in the ring and went Supreme.
default_wub.png

So we hit the road to Hawera on Wednesday with a fit boy and a still lil bit fat girl - wish us luck!
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You're too funny! I bet your horses look great, and a BIG congratulations on whipping them into shape and winning those top honors!

LOL!! Loved your description!! Well done - many congrats!!

Anna

Congratulations on your winning!!! Yea I'd like to see picture's of your muscle man (lol) Good Luck at your next show!!

Congratulations! We definitely need photos!

Lil sod didn't want to come in for his dinner last either!!!!! Until he realised that there was food involved.........
default_rolleyes.gif

Yes will get pictures hopefully today, otherwise if you can hold on, will get some at the Nationals. Here's hoping he doesn't try and take one of the Youths off for a run in the jumping........
default_wacko.png

Way to go Shelley
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Very best of luck at Nats, and don't forget I want full details afterwards and loads of pics please!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

I loved this
default_laugh.png

I definitely need some pictures now!

OK - here's Mr Muscles! Bear in mind this is only after two weeks worth of work and yes he has a cresty neck
default_biggrin.png
Photos aren't too good as home alone and had a tree causing shade. Bounced the entire hour we were out on the road so he still "feeling his oats"!

th_WindyFrontMar10.jpg

th_WindyRearMar10.jpg

th_WindySidemar10.jpg

And here's fat mare from the weekend and a photo of what I want her to look like this weekend (positive thinking!!!)

th_DivaSupremeMorrinsville.jpg

th_DivaCambridge09.jpg

Back from Nationals!!!!!

Neither of the kids let me down - Junior Mare REALLY sucked it in, winning National Champion Junior Mare Cat B, Reserve Grand Champion Junior Mare Cat B and the movement 2yr and older Cat B. She also won the showmanship class with her Youth Handler!!!! Plus placed in the Youth Hunter and trail - all with a handler who didn't know her.

Mr Muscles cetainly didn't disgrace himself either - he was used in a seminar class on the Wedenesday night and was mistaken for a harness horse! He took me to third placing in the Showmanship class and picked up reserve champ novice trail for me and fourth with his youth handler, fourth in the novice jumper and reserve champion with the youth. And he bounced the entire 5 days we were down there. He was into everything!
default_rolleyes.gif

Home now and very tired but very happy with both of them
default_smile.png

Gratz Shelley
default_biggrin.png
Sounds like you had a great show, was there a decent photographer there, and is there a website to view pics?

Photographer was Amie Anderson - so pics won't be up until end of month I would suspect.

Megan Lloyd took a photo of my girl which I'll post as soon as I have it

Latest posts

Back