Area II show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picasso

Reaction score
Does anyone know what facility the Area II show in Ashland, OH will be held at? And what motels are close by?

Thanks

Hi, i've attended the Buckeye Spring Classic (which Area II Nationals has taken place of this year) at the Ashland Fairgrounds the past two years, i've also been there multiple times for horse judging back in my FFA days. I really really like this show, it was the showgrounds of the first show i attended so its special to me, im a big softie.

Hotels are about 10 minutes from the showgrounds, basically you drive back through town and turn left and take the highway to the next exit and there its tons of gas, food and hotels there. We stayed there the first year, but its actually cheaper and closer for us to just drive home if were not there to late. There may even be hotels within walking istance of the show grounds, i never checked. We just go back on the highway and down to the exit, its about 10 minutes like i said.

There are plenty of hotels in town, no need to worry.

When you get the show bill, there will be a list of motels on it to select from.

It is a pretty nice facility, the indoor arena is smallish for full sized horses, but just fine for the minis.

Okay, that leads to another question. Who do I need to contact to get on a mailing list for a show bill, entry form, etc. Or is there a website that this information will be listed on. Yes, I am getting excited about starting to show again. Can't you tell????
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Oh please share that information with the rest of us. Since this might be a different weekend - then I might be able to come!

The dates for Area II Nationals are June 13, 14 and 15th at the Ashland Fairgrounds in Ashland Ohio.

I am not sure who to contact yet, normally they have on the amhr/aspc website under events on the 2008 show schedule who to contact and i just give them a phone call and request show bills, i guess i should just join the Area II club, but for some reason they do not have Area II Nationals listed on the 2008 show schedule yet.

It looks like Area II Nationals is the same date as Area V Nationals, which is in TX anyhow so i guess that doesnt matter lol.

Also, try this link http://www.shetlandminiaturearea2.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to know were to get a show bill and entry form also. Im planing on going to the show and would like information on it.

Alisha

bumping back up becuase i would like to know were i can get information on the ashland show

Alisha

I think Bob and Kathy Franks of Fox Lane Farms is who you need to contact for the show,sorry I dont know the e-mail address.

Scott Hite

Hites Little Wonders

AMHR/ASPC horses

Baltimore,Ohio

Home of Buckeye WCF Classical Phoenix

2007 AMHR National Champion Yearling Stallion

This is a wonderful show ~ grounds, Everyone involved with this show always tries to do everything to make it a first class event, they have motels within acouple miles, food, Walmart.

We always love coming to this show
default_yes.gif

Looking forward to it this year also!!
default_yes.gif

Funny story about the walmart right down from the show grounds ..

My first time showing at the ashland show, it was the morning of the first show day and it was about 7:00 in the morning. Well the place was empty but the doors were wide open, i noticed there wasnt anyone in the store, i figured it was just early. I needed diaper pins for my show number. Anyway, i got ready to go to check out and the lady at the check out was like 'how did you get in here?' ... 'uhhh the door?'. Apprently they had been closed down for about a month doing remodeling. They brought the manager up and i thought i was ging to be arrested, they did ring me up though. Good memories lay in Ashland Ohio
default_yes.gif
default_wink.png

Leeana

Thank you everyone for posting the information and your wonderful comments. As I always say, it is the wonderful exhibitors who make this a great and fun show.
default_yes.gif

Jane Hayes is the show secretary. You can e-mail her and she will put you on the list for the show bills. They will be sent out as soon as it is approved. Her e-mail address is:

[email protected]

You may also contact Bob if you have any other questions. Our e-mail address is:

[email protected]

Latest posts

Back