Area 8 News

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Lisa~

Reaction score
Anyone who has any Area 8 news for the next issue of the Journal please email it to me prior to the 28th of this month.

Send to

[email protected]

Thanks

Lisa

Just curious--what does one put in for news now that the new requirements specify:

- no farm news, no mention of specific horses (save that for paid advertising)

- no mention of shows if they are listed in the events list, unless there is something unique about the show

That pretty much eliminates everything the columns have always been full of--new foal announcements, congratulations on new acquisitions, welcome to new members (after all those new members should be advertising) show news...I guess it leaves clinics and meetings and a mention of the weather in the region?

I've been wondering what area correspondents are going to write about now? And what news people should even send in?

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not have the answer to that question
default_biggrin.png
To be honest I am just going to write up what I think will work and send it in they will edit what they need to.

Maybe you could just write it up like they always were but in place of people names, horse names, farm names, show names.......you could just put "congratulations to the horse XXXX owned by XXXX from XXXXX farm for winning Super Horse of The World." and then the area columns could be turned into a sort of crossword puzzle activity where we read them and try to figure out who, what, when and where!

Seriously, I know first-hand the time and energy that goes into getting news from your area and putting it together into a readable and fun column. With the new parameters I'd have no idea what to write.

The editor might as well just go ahead and do away with them rather than have people that are volunteering to write the columns put a lot of work into them and then be told what they wrote cannot be published.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am just going to put it together and see how it goes. I am more then willing to give Betty a chance I think she did a great job on her first issue considering the small amount of time she had to get it out and in mailboxes on time.

I am sure it will all work out and I will keep writing the news the best I can with the support of my fellow Area 8 members
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back