Are you ready for the fall

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tifflunn

Reaction score
Well with Martys thread in mind - I have been seriously wishing the fall here- but I was also remembering last year we really didn't get our usual fall leaf turning season because the leaves just would not die. Then we had a pretty bad ice/snow storm hit the area in mid october which took alot of the trees and leaves- so no fall leaf turning season last year. Well went to feed the horses this morning and look what I saw :new_shocked: :bgrin

100_2544.jpg

100_2530.jpg

So had to go back in and get the camera and took these- I think it is pretty early- but it has been really dry this summer in our area.

100_2535.jpg

100_2538.jpg

100_2536.jpg

100_2534.jpg

:bgrin

Fall's comin and this is the time to get things ready before it gets too cold to want to work out in it. I am planning a cobweb attack this next week, I just put up the heated buckets with the safety brackets (they aren't plugged in but ready), I am putting up my hay week by week 24 bales at a time, I've cleaned out the paddocks, I have to strip and rebed my huge run in shed (NOT a great job PU), and am putting in x # of baled shaving weekly (expensive :new_shocked: $5.60 ea) as I use 3/wk. Anything else we should be preparing? OH..the walk/loaf areas I am putting down MORE footing so it isn't squishy and muddy or icy when the time comes.

I'm not looking forward to fall...fall means one thing...winter and they are just too dang long here! I need to move south...

I'm not looking forward to fall...fall means one thing...winter and they are just too dang long here! I need to move south...
don't make the mistake i made when i moved from minnesota to go south. i only went as far as illinois and i did NOT NOT NOT go far enough. having said that, after this summer heatwave, i am more than ready for winter!!!

We moved from Wisconsin to East Texas and we love it! Some summers are killers but the fall and winter cant be beat. I guess it is time to start putting up hay, fall is right around the corner.

NOoooooOOoooooooo!!!!!

No! No! No!!! Summerrrrrrrrr !!!!

Liz

Bring it on! Just PLEASE bring it on!

I'm dying up here. It's 103 right now again!

Beautiful trees and scenery, Tiff. We're not experiencing any changes yet, and probably won't for about another month. I'm certainly ready for a change. It's just been too darn hot. Today were up to 96 and that's not including the heat index. We have warnings all over the place about not being out in this weather...etc...etc...etc... It's really very stifling.
default_sad.png

Sterling- Its a coming I swear yesturday everything was green :bgrin

Marty- I wish I could send it your way :bgrin

Nootka - YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! :bgrin :bgrin

Everyone else seems to be falling in step with the saesons- I think it is happening to fast this year :bgrin

tiff: NO!

I refuse to go. Unh-unh! NOPE.

Summer. At least two more months' worth.

I can't complain about 70-80 degree days and 55 degree nights. What's the rest of ya'lls problems? :bgrin

Liz I wouldn't want to get rid of those temps either IF I had them......

But I dont so I'm VERY ready for fall and winter!!! :aktion033: Come on down cool and get this heat out of here!

Latest posts

Back