Are you an optimist or a pessimist?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you react most of the time?

• My cup is half full

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My cup is half empty

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think about this soooo often. I am very optimistic, but I have to work at it, because I live with a man who thinks the world is out to get him. I seldom can get out of bed without him growling! I am a morning person and work very hard at having a great day!

Remember it is hard to stay positive when surrounded by negativity...My plan it to positivity them to death
biggrin.gif

I can't vote!
unsure.gif
Interestinly enough, I am BOTH! LOL!
biggrin.gif
Just depends on the circumstance. If someone around me is being a pessimist, it puts me into optimist overdrive
yes.gif
BUT there are many times when I'm a pessimist.
rolleyes.gif
I can definitely say I'm more of an optimist though.
yes.gif

Hubby is the pessimist! Sometimes it gets really frustrating because "the bad is always going to happen"
rolleyes.gif

Heavy on the optimist side without being sickenly Pollyanna-ish. It's an acquired thing for many, myself included. I remember the days before I decided not to live my life expecting the worst and getting it and can only say life is far from perfect but I have felt like a very happy and content person every since. Like everything else in life it's as easy as making a choice.

An Optimist thinks the glass is half full
smile.gif

A Pessimist thinks the glass is half empty
sad.gif

I personally just think you have way too much glass there
new_shocked.gif

Pessimists are never dissapointed.

Most of the time I am an optimistic, rather see the good in the world. And how lucky I am even though things are not perfect.

Every once in awhile I am the other,, like the last couple of days. Though I think I am pulling out of it now.
biggrin.gif

I live like an Optomist. While I have a devastating illness I DO NOT allow it to rule nor define me. I always look into life as someone else is far worse off. However inside I am a pessimist. Wasnt always like this but I have had far too many people prove that we arent the noble creatures we pretend.

I am an optimist bordering on a realist. I have to choose to try to find some good in everything as it makes the world a much brighter place if I look at it from that angle.

But, I am married to the king of pessimists. He doesn't just think that the world is out to get him, he KNOWS that the world is out to get him and that I have blinders on and that one day I will really see how it is. Yep, his feet don't even hit the floor in the morning and he is grumbling about some bad thing.
no.gif
Laughs, I know when he is not feeling good as he quits growling at everything!

Can you tell I just had a discussion with him about this???? I told him that I choose to be happy and I choose to not let things bother me and that it is sometimes really hard to do that. He just says that I need to get wise to the real world.
wacko.gif

But interenstingly enough, I think the same about him. He needs to figure out that people do random acts of bad things just because they can. Not because they have singled him out. But he is certain that he is hated by the whole neighborhood.
rolleyes.gif

And honestly, if I had to live every day thinking the worst like that, I would shoot myself as there would be no reason to look forward to the day! But, I am realistic about things as well. Even when I am having a day like today where I know things are not going smoothly, I still try to find something to be happy about as I realize that it can always be worse. Lets see... The sun is shining and there is no wind which is helping the allergy situation. I am happy for that as my head doesn't hurt as bad today as it did yesterday. My dog was able to walk to the kennel this morning even though he slipped while playing on the grass last night and now won't hardly use his right hind leg. That is possitive as he wouldn't even put the leg on the ground last night. I am so tired from my dog being restless and uncomfortable last night, but the bright side is that I will have no trouble sleeping tonight!
wink.gif

I am absolutely 100% an optimist!!!
aktion033.gif

Life it waaay to short to look at the bad - there is always something good - always!!! If I find myself in a bad mood, looking at the negative, I make myself find at least 5 good things that happened so far that day - they can be as simple as 1) I made a really good cup of coffee; 2) Cody made me smile by acting silly 3) my rose bush has a new bloom... whatever it takes.
yes.gif

My favorite response to this question is…

My glass is always FULL because I pour into it from my barrel of reserve, which is always at least half full.

unsure.gif
But then,
laugh.gif
I am one of those “Sappy-wappy, mushy-ushy Poly-Anna†types.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, that means my heart gets deflated quite often, but with my Lord as my defribulator it gets pumped right back up and then to replenish, I just take another sip from my always full glass…cause I just poured into it again from that reserve barrel that is always at least half-full. Then I give my thanks to my Lord for every single drop.
wub.gif

Glass, cup, bowl, palm of my hand...whatever's handy at the time that I would need a sip to quench m'thirst.
yes.gif
Sometimes I even find a need to just take a drink straight from the barrel.
wacko.gif

Although I try, hard as I might to hold true to my "realistic" side, often my "idealistic" side will win me over. Thankfully, I have my hubby (also very optimistic
wub.gif
, but more of a "realist" than me
wink.gif
) to hold my feet to the ground, else I'd surely drift to the clouds wayyyy up yonder.
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally depends on the situation if you ask me. I think everyone is like that.

The glass is half empty to in becoming president of the United States

The glass is half full on me almost being done with college and getting a job in the salon I want!

Latest posts

Back