Are there any Guinea Pig lovers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marnie

Reaction score
We love ours. We're getting a variety for the petting zoo next yr and I'm having a 3 tier cage built for them. We have regular ones and in a wk will be getting a pair of Texels and one Skinny Guinea (totally hairless) girl just for a pet. I'm going to look for a pair with the very long hair.

Right now we have Putt Putt, Patty Cake and Barbie Doll.

I'd love to see your pictures of yours.

Here's Putt Putt, i need better and more pictures.

PuttPutt5-19-09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww, he/she ? is sooo cute !
default_wub.png
I know they will love the new cage, mine had a two story and they had such a ball running up and down the different levels. I love the Texels but I've never seen a hairless one, must be very unusual. We had one of the long haired guineas and I can't tell you how many times I had to shave his behind because the hair would matt up. No amount of brushing would help, as soon as we put him down it would be all messed up again. Way too much work
default_wacko.png
Right now we have an Abyssian and he is such a character. His name is Moe and he just loves treats. Cereal mostly, give him any kind and he's a happy piggy ! They are alot of fun !
default_biggrin.png

100_06472.jpg

100_06512.jpg

I have had a texel and an abby. I usually have Peruvians. The skinny pigs have hair on their heads I believe. Just a little tiny bit of fuzz. I have a coronet mix pig and I have had Himis. I also had cresteds. Oh yeah and silkies. I think I listed all of them. Ill have to post pictures later on.

I had Peruvians many, many moons ago. I had the same problem as mad for minis - they would get so-o-o matted up. People that show them keep their show cavies' hair wrapped up on curlers or some such to keep it from tangling, but that's a lot of work, too. Like Angora rabbits, there are tricks of the trade that make it easier, but they are still high maintenance. Gotta admit, they're cute little rascals!

I have five: one Texel male, three Abby females and one smooth female. They are the silliest things!!

I don't breed- poor Squiggy lives a bachelor's life....
default_laugh.png

Lucy

We now have 3. We had a long/short hair mix (just a pet). She cost me $300 at the vet. But, died anyway. We got two little girls when we went to CA to Denio's Flea Market. They are black and orange. Kind of a rosettething going on in their hair. Then the shop where our original piggy came from called and he had a boy from our decised girls brother. I went and picked him up. Now we have 3. Our new boy is brown/red/white. They are all such nuts.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back