Appy people - Will she get more spots?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimie28

Reaction score
I'm curious to know if my new appy filly will get more spots. She will be a year old this spring.

Will her whole rump spot out or possibly even her back some too since there is white hair farther up. Her sire is leopard and dam is like a silver dapple roan appy.

FalineSpots2-13-09001.jpg

FalineSpots2-13-09003.jpg

Welcome to the wonderful world of Appys! Big or small, there's no real way to know what they will look like from one year to the next! Your girl MAY color out more, or not. Every year is a surprise!

Viki

Do you have photos of her shed slick or clipped? IMO from those pics, what your seeing isn't "spots" but more so of a lacey blanket
default_smile.png

I have a colt that was born here last year.. Was born solid black with appy characteristics

101_2740.jpg

With time he started getting frosting:

101_2955.jpg

And this is what he looked like after clipped coat had grown back in:

102_3583.jpg

Right now in his winter coat he's got a lot more white starting to show through, and on his lil butt cheeks where he's starting to shed he looks like he's got some tiny spots so we'll see come clipping
default_smile.png

I was told it was lace but she could possibly get spotted. Here she is as a foal and last summer clipped.

faline-sm1.jpg

faline-sm2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back