Appaloosa ???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mastercece2b

Reaction score
I would like to know if my stallion were appaloosa because it has all the characteristics but it were said to me that not! ?!?

It has some spots which appear, the striated shoes ...

gers259.jpg

DSCN0061.jpg

chevaux4001.jpg

chevaux8001.jpg

HI, Your guy really doesn't appear to be an appaloosa based on those pictures, not saying he doesn't have something going on with his pattern though. Does he have any pink skin around his mouth, eyes or privates? The stripes on the hooves would need to go up and down with the leg not around the hoof. Do you know if he has any appy parents or grandparents?

He sure has one heck of a mane
default_yes.gif
: Joyce

Could he be a silver bay with the striped hooves and dappling? I cannot tell very well on my screen, but he seems to have dark fetlocks from here....

jennifer :saludando:

No he is not appy, and please do something about his mane. Its not good that its pulling his neck over like that.

Silver Bay with Ben D'or spots- I agree about the mane- it is pretty but far too heavy.
default_yes.gif
:

Not appy....I wouldn't even say silver bay...sorry. He's chestnut with a lighter mane and tail. His legs aren't darker and his mane and tail are not flaxen even thought hey are light so therefore he's not silver bay. And I think his mane is beautiful.....looks like you just didn't braid the top which makes it seem like it's pulling the neck over but it's not. You can see in the last pic that it isn't.

He's a silver chestnut. I wouldn't say appy, and not a silver dapple either. The silver gene modifies the normally chestnut color on the mane and tail. You might notice his legs are lighter too, especially when clipped.

His mane is beautiful, but I'd just suggest keeping it thinned and trimmed to avoid excessive pull on the crest from the weight of it. Once a crest is broken over, it's near impossible to get it back.

Ok thank you with all for your answer! Concerning its mane I did not know that that could make weight, I then will mow it again. I had mowed it in March but since more nothing and that to push, it is true that it is not very pretty but I thought that with the winter which approaches...

SP_A1718.jpg

SP_A1717.jpg

SP_A1719.jpg

I had also to think of a silver bay but its members are too clear, I will make him make a genetic test!

SP_A1774.jpg

You need to thin his mane as well. Under cut it some, and I personally would trim the length up. Trimming the bride path isnt enough. His mane is pulling his neck over and eventually that will cause it to permanantly stay that way no matter what you do.

Also he looks as if he could use some more/better food.

I dout he is silver bay. I think he his just plain chestnut, with sabino maybe.

You need to thin his mane as well. Under cut it some, and I personally would trim the length up. Trimming the bride path isnt enough. His mane is pulling his neck over and eventually that will cause it to permanantly stay that way no matter what you do.
Ok I will take your advice

Also he looks as if he could use some more/better food.
Sorry I didn't this sentence understand?!? ( i'm french ) :bgrin

My gosh is it any wonder people complain about this forum.. this person asked about A COAT PATTERN THAT WAS IT

And first he was told CUT THAT MANE I dont remember him asking about it and then told the horse isnt fed properly

Now the above may or may not be true but.. some people complain about the fugly horse site and how she feels any picture posted on the internet is up for judgement , discussion and sometimes ridicule even about things that the person posting the pictures had no plan on discussing... (she may or may not be correct in what she says depends on who you ask) but one has to wonder.. how is it really any different here????

All of that out of my system I will say the horse looks to be a sabino to me but really it is possible it could be an appy I guess what are the parents?

Fact is Lisa you can see the horse needs weight on its top line, and if he is a active breeding stallion now would be a better time to fix it before its to late.

As for the neck, would you rather wait until somebody comes along and askes whats wrong and how I fix it when its no longer fixable?

I may not be popular by vote, but the fact is i care more about the horses then the people. I dont/wont sugar coat to make them feel good.

Nuff said now.

default_unsure.png
: I have to say, if I posted about BG and someone mentioned something that was "off" about it, I wouldn't mind if they pointed it out, especially if it had to do with my or my pony's well-being. When posting pictures on the Internet people must know that good or bad, right or wrong, people are going to form opinions about what they see and read Online. I suppose we could all sit back, stick to the topics as given and not offer any unsolicited advice, but I know I have learned much from the "extra" advice I've picked up over the years.

All of that out of my system I will say the horse looks to be a sabino to me but really it is possible it could be an appy I guess what are the parents?
I do not know his parents: ( I have it since almost 1 year, and I have to buy it by blow of heart and I had evil has to find a stallion miniature in my area!

Remains to it discution I do not manage more to follow??? If I understood my horse well under is fed?
default_please.gif
:

What are you feeding him now? When was he last dewormed?

How food, it has grass has volonter, barleys, block of salt and hay from time to time (not to stuff it) + vegetable epluchure! The winter it has a complement with but (a handle), oats, hay. I it vermifugi every 3 month, the last time it was last month (August at the beginning of)

Latest posts

Back