Appaloosa fillies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundaymom

Reaction score
I am very proud of my appy fillies this year...especially after a partial clip. I usually leave a little on the legs due to flies but a lot more got left, all over this first clip. lol!

It has been 97 to 101 for the past 17 days and this old lady wore out fast.

I will have to break it up in two posts due to pictures. Pictures were taken off a video. I am showing before and after so you can see the unwrapping of appy babies.

1st is Benita. She was born a sorrel and I know she is but after clipping she looks like a golden reddish blonde and parts of her body look golden palamino colored. She is what I call a near leopard but she also shows white and spots coming in on face and neck so in years to come she may look like a leopard. She came with long legs and I estimate she will end up at 36". She is beautiful and so very refined, even for an Amazon...lol!

benita_5_23_2011.jpg
benita_june_15th_a1.jpg

benita_june_15th_d.jpg

2nd is Samara. She was born solid black and very small. I estimate she will be around 30". Samara, after clipping showed, white and black spots and white hairs throughout her coat. She will be one of those that change year after year...lol!

samara22.jpg
may_29_2_to6n.jpg

rear_view.jpg

3rd filly is Isabella. She is what I would call a near leopard also. She is estimated to be 32". After selling all my show girls I am going to keep Isabella for at least a year to show next year. She is a doll baby. lol!

isabella_newborn.jpg
june_15thc.jpg

june_15thhhh.jpg

They are all very nice! Congrats!

So cute with their new haircuts.

Just wondering if bombshell Isabella would be interested in taking a long, long plane ride?
default_saludando.gif
She's lovely.
default_wub.png

I don't know how can you do any work at all in that kind of heat.

Thanks for the kind comments. I just love these girls this year. My plans were to come back in a day or so and finish clipping but the heat got me. Now it's almost time to start all over...ha! Got a couple of dr things to do this week and recoup time after, so it looks like it will be 1st of July before I can really spiff them up. Benita is taller but in person she is just as striking as Isabella. Samara rules the roost though...ha!

Helicopter you sound so much fun...lol!

Oh my! You have three very beautiful girls there!
default_wub.png

Good luck with the showing next year, I just know it is going to be a great success!
default_yes.gif

Anna

Thanks Anna...gives me something to look forward to.

Thanks Savannah...your great and I do so wish you did live closer. I would turn all the foals over to you this summer to train...knowing you would do a great job.

I like them all! They all have nice heads and pretty expressions- plenty of neck and legs as well. Very nice girls and you should be proud! Excellent bunch of babies this year (but then your prior fillies were stunning as well)

Latest posts

Back