Anyone here show cats??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHoofBeats

Reaction score
My mom breeds and shows (small numbers) bengal cats, it is her passion! I would like to get her something neat for at her cat shows, such as a nameplate to hang on the cages, or something cool like that. Does anyone here craft idea's for cat shows, or shows in general?

Her cattery name is Dreamhaven Bengals and her website is www.dreamhavenbengals.com if anyone wants to look up her logo and cats. Her main show cat is her up and coming stud, Xander! He is who she takes to show. She has taken a few others but not anymore, now she just truly enjoys taking Xander because he wins and he has a great temperment throughout the show!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! I used to show cats. It was a lot of fun. A name plate would be great. Or maybe a collage of her cats. I used to show, now I am just a "cat lady"

Thanks for the idea of a collage! But she doesn't have many cats, only 2 girls, 2 boys, and a fixed boy who she's having a hard time letting go of...knows she should find him a good family but she is sooo attached to him =)

I really want to get her a neat nameplate, like carved of wood or something...oh I should find the member here who does woodburns and see if they couldn't do a woodburn of Xander and his name! That would be awesome!

Years and years ago my Mom and I used to show Persians (color point.. then called Himmies) Anyway, I found a a gorgeous doll cradle that my show kitties loved to sleep in. I made cage curtains to match the bedding in the cradle. I just saw one the other day, I wanted to buy but I don't have purse beds anymore, it was at Toys R Us. We had two Grands. Also I had an apron that matched the cage curtains, etc... I just loved this floral patten and went a little nuts on the sewing machine... The apron was a good idea... (lined with thin plastic.. as our stud.. would spray male cats all the way across the show isle.. he was a bad boy in that regard. Also, as he would be involved in this spray war, it wasn't a rare occassion I had his butt in the ladies room, trying to clean him up... which meant... water, corn starch... etc. etc.. which would get on the suit I would wear.. (a pant suit back in those days.. I'm aging myself).. Lol

I did have a few kitties that went Top Ten and got the hugh rosetts.. Most I was okay with them getting best of breed... but if nothing else, I always got BEST CAGE decorations.. (I think our club did that for me... lol)..

A friend said I looked like June Cleaver with the apron.. Lol..

Good Luck to your Mom...

God Bless,

Lynn W

Last edited by a moderator:
Back