Anyone here mystery shop?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

I signed up to be a mystery shopper. well geesh i had no idea it involved so much lol. you have to take little mini tests for most stores and pass them or you cant mystery shop. For example i wanted to do lowes. wow its like an hour long shop you have to do! And you have to memorize everything so you can do the report when you leave.

think maybe ill stick with resturants they seem much easier :bgrin

Well, it sounds kinda fun in a way. Always wondered what all it entailed. You could take a tape recorder with you, or just a pad of paper to help you with all those questions. Isn't a mystery shopper's job mostly price comparison? I would be interested to know.

I've never even heard of this before...please do tell more...sounds interesting!

I started out as a mystery shopper, thats how I found the job I have now that I love so much. I am a vendor rep for about 25 vendors and I go into stores to make sure things are the way the vendors want them to be. I am also the assistant to the district manager now and that is going to make me full time again. I love my job.

Oh yea my stores are Petsmart, Petco and Tractor Supply, it don't get much better than that.

Hi Kay, I use about 10 mystery shoppers in our catering and rest. business. And I do expect alot from them..every thing from the lights on/off from the minute you drive your car into the parking lot, trash in the parking lot, no smoking inside any building in Fla. so I want to make sure that the ashtrays out at the door are not filled with paper and overflowing w/cig. butts. I want you to be greeted by the hostess in the same manner I would like to be, how long was your wait for your table, I dont want to hear that you were almost run over by a busy server, your menu didnt have last nights sauce imbedded in the seam, if you have children I do not want them to have to brush off the peas, carrots and breadcrumbs from the high chair,salt and pepper shakers filled, rest rooms spotless and we havent even gotten to the food being hot and the service. I basically want shoppers that are just aware of surrounding, for the most part they do not sit there and write things down ...I think they just go home and look at the list of things that I would like them to pay attention to and give me their thoughts. This is not something where I would "fire" anyone...I post the report for all to see and it is discussed w/all employees together. There is often 2 sides to every story so I want to hear all thoughts on the report. Everyone can have a bad day including mystery shoppers so I must take everything into consideration. Now Kay, if you like, I would love to have you visit me in Fla. and have dinner, I pay 50.00 a visit (usually 2xs a month) plus your dinner. You are only allowed 2 cocktails as any thing more you may not care what our restrooms look like or if you have last nights bernaise sauce stuck on your fork !!

heidi

LOL heidi if I get down your way I will take you up on that!!

The whole thing with a myster shopper is that the store/restaurant CANNOT know you are a mystery shopper. They can terminate you as a mystery shopper if you give it away. So you cant take notes but you have to remember what you are supposed to check and you have to be very specific! They want very detailed info. That is why they give you an online presentation and then you have to take an online test for that store to show you know what they want you to look for.

Now some dont require tests and those are usually resturants. For example i got one today for a local casual dining resturant.

I go and order a meal and one alcoholic beverage. I can take 1 guest. While eating I am to obeserve the bartender serving other patrons. Once I am done I am to go out front and discretely ask for the manager. The manager goes with me and I tell him/her i am the mystery shopper. I give him details on wether the bartender carded me and what I observed during my meal. The manager immediately comps my meal and I get paid 8.00 to my paypal account for doing it.

I was thinking of taking the lowes job but it is so complicated I think ill pass on it. You have to come into contact with at least 6 employees in one trip. Then theres a bunch of other stuff you have to do. That one pays 15.00

Now the one im using is legitimate and you dont pay to sign up

oh also keep in mind you have to meet the demographics they are looking for

www.mystershops.com

Kay

Last edited:
I think I'll stick to being a financial advisor and investment broker... I am someone who HATES to shop, which I know is not the stereotypical woman. "Mystery Shopper" would potentially be my nightmare job, while on the other hand, I can see putting a "Personal Shopper" to work. Love to get new things, but hate to have to shop for them :bgrin

KayKay is that the right link? www.mystershops.com I got a junkmail website -- with a lot of pop ups -- links weren't any good.

JJay

well thats odd?? I brought the link up again and you should get corporate research International (*cri) Let me try copying and pasting

I figure i like to go out to eat so why not get paid for it
default_smile.png

mystery shop

someone let me know if that one works

Last edited:
all that for only $8-$15? ugg lol heidi's sounds much better paying! lol

I'll tell ya, if I was a mystery shopper at Lowe's the last time I visited, there would be some employees getting a serious talking to! :eek: I came into contact with 6 easy. Four were together at a CUSTOMER SERVICE point in the outdoor furniture section. All four were busying trying to solve the same issue, while I stood right in front of them for FOUR minutes with NOT one of them making eye contact with me even though I was staring right at them and right in next to them. I was raised not to interrupt a person while they are talking, so I stood and waited. Finally one spoke up when they solved their issue and three left. She looked at me like I was nuts and asked if I needed something. Well duh! LOL!!!

I signed up years ago to be a mystery shopper, wasn't big in our area at the time though, so didn't get anything for almost 2 years and then the one I did get was so complicated and for so little pay, it wasn't worth it. Haven't had another offer since.

I"d love to have that job!

I can eat and shop all day long! Especially at Christmas. I'd be in my glory.

But for only $8.00-$15.00?

It would cost me 3 times in gas just to get there!

heres the thing though marty keep in mind on the 8.00 one you get a free meal for 2 and a free cocktail PLUS 8.00. so really you got paid to go eat a free lunch. Now i agree if you live way out then its probably not worth your time.

Heres what i have been told. You have to establish yourself as a really good mystery shopper and then you get higher offers. Because i have never done it i am only getting the offers they give new mystery shoppers. Still not sure ill do it but i figured while i wait to be able to take my real estate exam i might do some of the free dinners

Well thats better then Minimum wage if you think about it. How long would you really be there? Maybe 30 minutes for lunch? I think it would be pretty easy to come in contact with 6 employees at lowes, i could do that in one isle way!

Kind of sounds like fun, something to do with your extra time i guess right?
default_smile.png

If you liked to shop, or wanted to eat at the specific restaurants, it's probably a great job even at the low pay. It takes a lot (WAY) more than minimum wage to keep most of us in horses
default_wink.png
:

I'll be buying "free" meals for 65 or so people at Outback (steak & chicken combination plate w/ dessert) and Bonefish (filet & salmon combination plate & dessert) in a couple weeks... Now that's a deal :bgrin

[SIZE=12pt]Ok Kay,[/SIZE]

I'm getting nervous here. I signed up w/CRI and am getting everything finalized, but they pay by direct deposit and want all of your bank account info and SS #. That gives me the major twitches. I'm just not comfortable doing that unless you've already done it and it's legit. Help!!??!!

my daughter has done it over a year and has never had any problems. I went ahead and put mine in. I wish they would use paypal but I guess they like doing direct deposit. she said they pay really fast once you complete a shop. If its makes you really anxious i would wait and call them on monday. they do require a social security number because if you make over 600.00 in one year you will be issued a 1099

also there are a ton of good mystery shopping forums where people get together. you can see like the best paying companies, which ones are scams etc. heres one

myster forum

[SIZE=12pt]That makes me feel better :) Thanks so much![/SIZE]

I mystery shop. Right now it is for a certain fast food chain. When I do drive thru, it usually takes no more than 6 minutes. Dine In, I can do in 10-15 if I want. It takes about 15 to do paperwork when I get home. Everything is done online. I have been paid $6 to $20 for a shop.

I am paid thru paypal and I enjoy doing it. I work thru Consumer Impressions and they have shops in many states.

Even though the Lowes job is longer, $15 for an hour is decent wages, but when it is difficult for them to get shoppers they usually do bonuses! So turn it down a few times and see if they bump up the price.

Back