Anyone have this?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILoveMyGelding

Reaction score
For the past few weeks I've been having a lot of pain in my finger tips. They are really red by my nails and when I bump them they HURT REALLY BAD! It's not all fingers and it will go away for a couple days. They are hot to the touch and after hurting a couple days, the area will turn yellow and hard. Its kinda like dead skin. I'm sorta embarassed because I'm scared it might be a fungus. I was looking up symptoms and the only thing I can find is carpal tunnel (sp?). My wrist has been hurting me lately too but I thought it was my arthritis from a childhood injury. It usually acts up when it gets cold outside. Anybody have this problem? I'm calling the Dr. tomorrow.

Not sure what it might be but go to these websites. They seem to be pretty in-depth and you can check your symptoms (but be careful not to scare yourself!
default_unsure.png
) http://symptoms.webmd.com/ or http://www.mayoclinic.com

It's probably best to see a doctor as I certainly am not one. I just read the Merck Manual for fun.
default_wacko.png

be careful not to scare yourself!
Too late! So far I've found carpal tunnel, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and leprosy! I think I'm leaning towards carpal tunnel because I read that pregnancy can make this worse? All I know is that I'm caling the Dr. in the morning and will try to get in yet this week although I think it might be hard since Thanksgiving is Thursday.

you might want to look into this as well

http://arthritis.webmd.com/tc/raynauds-phenomenon-symptoms

I was diagnosed with this as a teen, used to get painful bumps on my fingers and toes, which were always cold but would turn red and throb.....
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
It has come and gone throughout my life but pregnancy and shortly after it flared up pretty bad, and winter is never great :DOH!

I'd get that checked..........It could be as simple as a fungus........or some sort of infection...........

Hon, please get it checked out, okay???

MA

I have Raynauds, and that doesnt sound like it. It usually fires up worse with colder weather, etc.... The fingers will turn white (like dead white) and go completely numb until they are 'thawed' out. When mine are bad, I can put them under HOT water and not feel a thing. Takes a few minutes to thaw them out, and then they are ok. They hurt sometimes as they are going dead, but once numb- can't feel a thing. It looks like someone drew a line around my fingers and below the line they are just WHITE- rather gross. Doesnt happen all the time.

Have to make sure my hands dont get too cold- it is a circulatory problem... have had it about 27 years. There are other things that set it off too, but I would recommend having a Dr check out your symptoms!

Back