Anyone have any Fundraiser Ideas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RENMACMINIS

I am part of a group of approx. 30 people trying to raise money to purchase our what used to be local Elementary school to turn it into a community center. It is where my dad went to school at, I went to school at and my oldest daughter attended it before they shut it down and consolidated the smaller schools into one big school. We are forming a non-profit organization, the paperwork is being finalized on that this month. However we need to come up with some big bucks in the next 4-6 months to be able to purchase the building and land. So if anyone has ANY fundraising ideas and can give me info on them if possible it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! We have several upcoming events including... elemination dinners, 50/50 drawings, longanberger(sp?) basket bingo, soup bean and cornbread dinner, spaghetti dinner, indoor flea markets, we are also renting the gym out for parties, wedding receptions etc. and we have set aside one of the classrooms and have it set up as a meeting room for local 4-h, and girl scout clubs and business' can use it/rent it to hold meetings. We need some new ideas though and it has to be something that is reasonable priced for people to buy the tickets to come to as we are no where close to being a "rich" community. The school board gave away the other 5 schools that they closed down but want to sell us the one we want
default_no.gif
. We are running out of time and we need help with some ideas is the reason I am asking you all.

Please any suggestions or ideas will be a HUGE help.

Sherry

Yup I did a fund raiser last year to help Michael's volunteer fire department raise money for badly needed equipment.

I had a dance! Everyone else was doing raffles and cake walks and car washes etc. and that was good to bring in some money but not nearly the kind of money we needed to generate. It was the first time I ever attempted anything like this but it went over HUGE. Got the band to volunteer, the fire station was free to use and we raised more cash than we every thought possible. It was total and complete fun. Nothing to it. Just a few calls and we sold tickets everywhere.

Dance. Show 'em your best moves
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_488.gif
default_488.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_luck.gif

My son's bowling league did a terrific fundraiser. They sold frozen pies. There was quite a few choices and all were wonderful. I bought several different ones for Christmas and my family thought they were homemade. The pies were absolutely terrific. I don't know the name of the pie place but if you are interested I can get the information for you next Saturday. The bowling league has been doing this fundraiser for years and the leaders get requests from previous clients before the fundraiser even starts!

If interested send me a PM.

Sample MM

Well, you have about 30 people and a lot of fundraising to do. So you need multiple events going on; one right after another. You are starting out great by gathering up ideas.

While it is cold do things that can be done inside. I would start with the media. Get some good press and let the community know of your group's intentions...maybe update it every week with a little society blurb in your area newspaper. Start cold calling the business owners in your area and let them know what is going on. Keep up the interest in what you are doing. I bet your group will grow quickly. Once you are set up as a non profit you can ask for and take in donations from your business community.

It would be a great time to put together a Valentine's dance as Marty had mentioned.

Raffles are also popular and every dollar will help. Gather up odds and ends that people have in their garages and list them on E-Bay or Craiglist in your area. They say that the average person has about $1100.00 worth of stuff sitting around that they don't use or want anymore, just gathering dust. Multiply that by even 25 people and you have quite a bit of money. Separate out what you think will sell on ebay or criaglist and list it. Have someone take that and run. Have a yard sale with the rest and with what they don't have luck selling after it warms up.

Then plan car washes and pet sitting and spring cleaning services and bake sales...let your imagination run wild.

Good luck...I bet you all do great!

Do you have a Papa Murphy's Pizza in your area?

You would have to check out the details in your area but we purchased cards with coupons on them...(over $33 value).....we purchased them from Papa Murphy's for $1.

Examples of coupons on the back of this card......

Large Pepperoni Pizza $4.99

Free cheesy bread with purchase of any menu priced pizza

Any menu price pizza $3 off

Buy regular price family size 1 topping pizza get one free....etc etc

You can sell them to people for whatever you choose.

It works well.......most people love pizza......
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back