Anyone have an electric roaster

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
A friend just told me about a roasting pan her aunt brought up from the US--you just plug it in & it cooks your turkey, leaving your oven free for baking other things. She paid about $45 for it. I had someone look for one for me, and the one she found sells for $99 US.

I'm just curious if anyone uses one of these, and if so, do you like it? Is it worth buying? We're thinking taht if it does a good job of cooking a variety of roast meats--chicken, turkey, beef? pork?--it might be a good thing to have in the summer time. On hot days we just don't use our oven, because it heats up this little mobile home so badly. In hot weather we are limited to whatever we can cook on top the stove. An electric roaster seems like a good thing to have, but I just wonder if they actually work as good as I would want.

A friend just told me about a roasting pan her aunt brought up from the US--you just plug it in & it cooks your turkey, leaving your oven free for baking other things. She paid about $45 for it. I had someone look for one for me, and the one she found sells for $99 US.

I'm just curious if anyone uses one of these, and if so, do you like it? Is it worth buying? We're thinking taht if it does a good job of cooking a variety of roast meats--chicken, turkey, beef? pork?--it might be a good thing to have in the summer time. On hot days we just don't use our oven, because it heats up this little mobile home so badly. In hot weather we are limited to whatever we can cook on top the stove. An electric roaster seems like a good thing to have, but I just wonder if they actually work as good as I would want.

I have one infact had company this last nite and cooked the roast in it frees up oven plus cooked turkey at thanksgiving than i also have the warm pan inset tat can keep 3 different things hot to serve like meat veggies gravy all nice and hot here at walmart or menards they are about 45 dollars carol use in summer for hotdag and brat to keep warm

I have one and I love it. Wonderful for making ham, a turkey, beef roast, beef ribs, my mom's casserole that takes half ingredients in the kitchen, a couple of chickens at once........
default_yes.gif
:

Wal-Mart had them on sale before Christmas for $35 here. I think mine was around $45 when we bought it a couple of years ago.

I have a big one with the inserts, that is large enought to cook about a 20# turkey in , and a small one whisch holds 6-8 quarts. I LOVE them both. I dont know what I would do without the small one, I cook most of my meals in it, it was very reasonable too, around $20.00 from Shopko, and my biggie I bought also at Shopko, with the inserts and rack, for around $40.00. They are well worth it, once you have one you will love it. I just bought both my daughter and daughter-in-law one for christmas. Corinne

I love mine we have two and they are so handy for a variety of things. I also have a smaller one about 8qts.

I've done party potatoes, soup, pork, turtle, beef, turkey, and probably a couple of things I'm forgetting at this moment. The directions say you can bake a cake in them also.

The smaller one has been taken over by my hubby, he uses it for chili and soups.

They can be bought for about $40 dollars around here. The first one I got was a wedding gift and did cost about $90 but the second one I bought a couple of years ago for less than $40. Wal-Mart and the grocery stores around here sell them.

:aktion033:
default_yes.gif
: :saludando: I've had a 18 Qt. for several years. I really love mine, but wish I had gon with the 21 Qt. besides large cuts of meats it's great for stews and soups. I even made applebutter in mine a few years ago. Got mine at Walmart, they still carry them for about $50.

:aktion033:
default_yes.gif
: :saludando: I've had a 18 Qt. for several years. I really love mine, but wish I had gon with the 21 Qt. besides large cuts of meats it's great for stews and soups. I even made applebutter in mine a few years ago. Got mine at Walmart, they still carry them for about $50.

Thanks for the info everyone, sounds like one of these pans would be a good thing to have. You can cook more things than I'd have thought in them--I wouldn't have thought about chili, stew or cakes!

Latest posts

Back