Anyone else tied down due to your animals?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep I'm tied to the tail of my 35 yr old Q.H. mare and will be until she passes. I've had her since she was 7, and the LORD willing I will be there when she closes her eyes for the last time.

We don't get away much anymore since we moved here last year, but since where we moved to is a beautiful, quiet place, I don't feel much urge to go anywhere.
default_smile.png
When we have family reunions, etc, like we did last weekend, I bring my Great Dane, Hayley (never will be boarded again) with us, even though it can be difficult-- she takes up the ENTIRE back seat of the truck, lol! But all the little kids at the reunion LOVED her, she was the hit of the party. In the summer most of my horses -- 34 of them--- are out on pasture, so our next-door neighbors fed the few horses that weren't, hay, and kept an eye on the rest of the horses, and the automatic waterers. I also have a good friend that I grew up with that house-sat for us while we were gone for Mom's funeral, and she will do so whenever we need her, she said-- for her it's a vacation. :bgrin I need to be able to go to shows next year, but my daughter and son in law will likely be able to take care of things when I do.

I'm living my dream, having my own herd of horses on my own land, so every day is a "working vacation".

Hey Marty, I guess that those of us who CAN get away for just a bit will have to come visit YOU, huh?
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back