Anyone else have a naughty twin elf?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobey

Reaction score
I am just horrible when it comes to gifts. I LOVE surprises but I'm not usually surprised. I'm pretty good at figuring things out but sometimes it is by my own doing.

Yesterday my 6 yr old says they got my a Christmas gift but he can't tell me what it is. I told him I didn't want to know. But then the little naughty elf in me asked did you get it in town (we live in a very small town). He says yes, then I asked if they bought it at Pamida. He says no, I asked if he bought it at Ace, he laughed and said no. I asked if they bought it at the gift shop. He looks at me and says do they have dolls there? (I collect china dolls) I said yes, he said then that's where they got the gift, at the gift shop. I said don't tell me what it is and he says oh no he wasn't going to. I'm terrible!! If my husband knew he'd be sooooo mad at me.

Anyone else as bad as me?? Please tell me I'm not the only one
unsure.gif

Yes you are the only one - Does that make you feel better ?? Me I am a shaker, I like to shake gifts before opening them on Christmas morning. Over the years my family had taken to put things in the packages just to confuse me.

I must be the only one! My bad I guess. I like to shake them too
yes.gif
That's funny that they did things just to confuse you. I'm sure mine will resort to that too.

Ok if no one else want to admit it I will..
rolleyes.gif
You are Not the only one. I am so bad that when I was younger I thought I had it down to a science. When the gifts were under the tree I would sneak down late at night with a really sharp paring knife and I would slice the tape just enough to check out what was inside.
new_shocked.gif
I know I was bad.. My Mom got me good though. She must have figured it out because one year I opened what I thought I got and it was something totally different. She had taken all my favorites back to the store and got me some thing else...
sad.gif

Oh no, you're not alone. I HATE myself for it, but I always end up skipping to the end of a book before I've read the middle and snooping on my Christmas presents in closets. I've managed to hold out longer and longer the last few years but I always do it anyway and end up really mad at myself. ::sigh::

Leia

Oh I know about shakers!! Almost all my gifts have a bell in them- that stops you lot
smile.gif

I HATE shakers, beggers,and Peakers!! I always go on the mission to find the perfect gift and I want it to be a suprise! This year all my gifts are hidding away from the house! Last year my 22 year old sister and 15 year old sister opened the presnets one night and re wraped them! We did not know this till resicntly but it makes since becasue they knew what was in the presnt before htey opened them! IT MADE ME SOOOO MAD!!

Ok I am done complaining!!

Have a Happy Holiday!

RNR

My parents bought mw a horse one year, and they never knew that I knew. I became an actress that year having to act surprises all over again. Anymore I don't really have to peak we usually know what we are getting before Christmas comes, and I don't mean the present I buying myself from lynj
aktion033.gif

I definitely am not a peeker or a shaker in fact I hate to open gifts at all as that will mean Christmas is over. You could wrap a gift for me and put it in my kitchen in July and at Christmas I still wouldnt know what it was. I like surprises now my family is a whole different thing. My son who is now 36 was at one time a peeker and he still likes to figure out what someone has given him My husband is like Geese he always knows what is in his packages and we go to great lengths to try to throw him off. Hes almost always right and its so frustrating. My son peeked one year when he was about 11 we had gotten him an elaborate race track and when I went to wrap it I noticed one of the cars didnt seem like it fit the slot correctly. After some investigation I found he had peeked so nothing to do but take it back to the store which we did. OF course he still thought he would get it when Christmas arrived nope got something totally different but did get the racetrack for his birthday in March. Im a mean mom I guess.

I'm a shaker, sneaker, peeker...you name it. I have serious issues with not being able to find out what's inside a box.

I would tear the house apart when I was a kid. I knew where every present was hid, and what they were...including my sisters' presents.

I had the *suprised* act down to an art. I HATE HATE HATE not knowing what I am getting. If you're going to suprise me, don't even let me get the slightest whiff of it, or I WILL find out!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

I always, every year tell the kids I will give them money if they tell me, right when they are about to spill, I laugh and say I'm just kidding! Then I tell them how naughty they are and tell their daddy how they were going to tell me, it's always great fun. Everyone is fussing and denying that they would ever tell for money.

Wonder if it will work again this year???
aktion033.gif

I am totally with Nita. You can put it right in front of me and just put a towel over it in June. That towel will still be there untouched December 24th. My kids are very very good about this too, adn enjoy surprises more than gifts. They all know where I hide things and none of them go adn look. Nope, not being naive either, I have eyes on the inside
new_shocked.gif
no snoopers here!

Now my husband, well, that's a different story. He cannot keep a secret. He will take off someplace and I will say, oh, honey, I thought you would be home sooner. he will say, oh shoot, well, it was going to be a surprise but since you asked I have to tell you. What a booger!!!

I love surprises!!! And teh best part is the actual suprise of it all.

I was always a good guesser. Then I realized that it really upset people that I could guess what they got me. Now I just keep quiet and let them think they've surprised me. My husband on the other hand.........I was wrapping gifts tonight and I went to place them under the tree and caught him going through the packages that were already there! The little poop-head!
biggrin.gif

I was always a good guesser. Then I realized that it really upset people that I could guess what they got me. Now I just keep quiet and let them think they've surprised me. My husband on the other hand.........I was wrapping gifts tonight and I went to place them under the tree and caught him going through the packages that were already there! The little poop-head!
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back