Any news on Convention?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just hesitant to post something without the author's express permission. I have found that the Yahoo email groups and LB are the only two sources of info I seem to rely upon about minis anymore.

I'm kind of hardshipped in under my geocities account, but it sure is useful to have the ability to read those email strings on a variety of subjects.

I heard a couple of things however.. some of these things still have to go to the board and could be changed I think??? So not sure how accurate they are but

lets see what I can remember,

over 50 jumper class- passed

Each championship class to be judged as a whole NEW class(like in the shetlands)- passed

New driving class to be added at 2007 National show West Pleasure driving ammy and youth only class

Dates for Nationals the 6th-15th

Youth/ammy National judges

Joyce Swanson

Marvin McCabe

Dick Dade

** REMEMBER this is a disclaimer.. this is just what I have heard from a couple of people there I am not saying this is all fact. The only one I for sure heard from more then a couple people was the West Pleasure driving class added for 2007 as sort of a test run kinda thing to see what to do from there

That is All I can remember right now but am expecting a phone call after the trainers auction will see if I can get more info

im really conflicted on the western pleasure driving class. On one hand I think its good and on the other I think there is already so much grumbling about country pleasure horses not being country pleasure. So now some of those who cant win country pleasure will move to western and the same grumbling will happen again???

kAY I think that is why it is a ammy youth only class irght now the impression i got was they will discuss it at 2007 convention to see if it will be worth continuing

I was also told that obstacle driving and halter obstacle are now combined for the HOF for obstacle, nothing official just what I was told and wanted to happen :aktion033:

I was also told about the voting for the western pleasure class and heres the way I see it. The true country pleasure horses, which are alot of mine, will be going into the new class. The pleasure horses into country pleasure, while the newly popular shetlands that kept beating butt in the pleasure driving ring will be staying in pleasure driving. I don't see this as a bad thing. I'm sure there will be some confusion with it. But thats the way I see it.

Now for the western pleasure classes, will these new classes take affect into 2007 show season, and is this yet a HOF class or just a regular driving class?

kAY I think that is why it is a ammy youth only class irght now the impression i got was they will discuss it at 2007 convention to see if it will be worth continuing
Oh so this is just a additional class and not a major driving class next year? Will you beable to have the same horse show in country pleasure and western pleasure at the same show? Im sure you dont know all the details but just had to ask cause Im greatly interested in this class.

the way I understand it is no there will be no cross entering allowed, and it will be sort of a "test" class at the 2007 National class to be discussed if it can go further and if everyone thought it worked

over 50 jumper class- passed
It is my understanding that the proposal was for a 50-and-older "Senior Jumping" class, but that somewhere along the way it was switched to a 55-and-over "Golden Age" jumping class.

I think if you're 50 -- old enough to be considered an AARP member -- you're plenty old enough to be the minimum age for a Senior Jumping class.

Apparently, someone felt the thing to do was adopt the 55-year-old threshold used for "Golden Age" driving as the minimum age for jumping. The thing is, it's a lot tougher to jump with a horse at 50 then it is to sit in a cart at 55.

The proposal should have stayed the way it was submitted.

the way I understand it is no there will be no cross entering allowed, and it will be sort of a "test" class at the 2007 National class to be discussed if it can go further and if everyone thought it worked
Thanks Lisa that clears it up. Personally for me I'm all for that idea and for sure would enter it.

Back