Any Creative People Out There?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indy's mom

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
default_saludando.gif

Ok so it's a little early to be thinking about the 4th of July but want to have a head start!

I am trying to think of a cute theme for my 8 yr old daughter and my 28" mare to be in our silly, local 4th of July parade (for instance:Beauty and the Beast, Mickey and Minnie, doesn't need to be patriotic, anything goes!)!! It's nothing fancy by any means, most kids just wear their Halloween costumes or dance costumes just for a chance to walk the parade and have some fun! There are always a few really good ones done by an entire neighborhood. They do give out prizes and the good ones usually get in the newspaper.

Anyway, my daughter is very shy and awkward therefore hasn't many friends!!! I want them to be jealous of her for having a kids dream pony!!! LOL!!!!
default_biggrin.png
Just want her to feel "cool" for once! She really could use a boost in confidence that perhaps this might give her, if even for the 20 minutes she'd be walking the parade route!

Any ideas?

Thanks a Bunch!!

~Tammy

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds adorable! Don't know if I can get her to dress as a princess though!

Thanks!! ~Tammy

If she's a bit of a tom boy how about a boy and his dog? If the horse is quiet enough she could lead it with a collar instead of a halter, wrap its tail with a piece of wire in the hair below the tail bone and bend that so his/her tail is curled up (like a dogs might) maybe even make the horse a set of 'floppy' dog ears to wear and your daughter could dress in patched jeans, a striped t shirt and a ball cap on back wards. She might even chew a straw and carry a bamboo 'fishing rod'.

just the first idea to pop into my head.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Dress them as hula girls in grass skirts,

Miner and pack animal,

shrek and donkey

Her as uncle sam and the mini with red, white, blue banners and bows

both of them as dancers and put bright colored wraps on the mini's legs

just a few ideas I brainstormed but I am sure I can think of more.......lol

Wow, these are all great ideas!! Keep them coming!
default_smile.png
Thanks so much, it means a lot!

~tammy

I love Reighnmakers ideas.

If you have any slinkys ( sometimes they are sort of wild and crazy colors ) your mare could wear that and your daughter could wear bell bottoms and lots of hippy type clothes and beads and peace signs. Just be sort of a couple of "hippy chicks"

How big is your mare? I have a bumble bee costume that I made for my bigger mini...nothing fancy but its got the bright yellow with black stripes and I just attached wings that came off any old fairy costume. My neice was a butterfly catcher with overalls and butterfly net. Simple but cute. I would be more than happy to send you the butterfly costume if you want to at least try it, Heidi

My daughters pony was a carousel. We used a wrapping paper tube with a ball on top,attached to the saddle.Hung part of the tube underneath the pony. We used a round tablecloth over the saddle,decorated with ribbon etc. Hung ribbon on the pony,glitter etc. It was adorable!

I love Reighnmakers ideas.If you have any slinkys ( sometimes they are sort of wild and crazy colors ) your mare could wear that and your daughter could wear bell bottoms and lots of hippy type clothes and beads and peace signs. Just be sort of a couple of "hippy chicks"

How big is your mare? I have a bumble bee costume that I made for my bigger mini...nothing fancy but its got the bright yellow with black stripes and I just attached wings that came off any old fairy costume. My neice was a butterfly catcher with overalls and butterfly net. Simple but cute. I would be more than happy to send you the butterfly costume if you want to at least try it, Heidi
Hi Heidi

Thanks SO much for the offer! The costume sounds adorable! My mare is 28" but is very round!
default_smile.png
So not sure it would fit(?) Do you have a pic, maybe I could tell by looking.

Thanks again!!

~Tammy

My daughters pony was a carousel. We used a wrapping paper tube with a ball on top,attached to the saddle.Hung part of the tube underneath the pony. We used a round tablecloth over the saddle,decorated with ribbon etc. Hung ribbon on the pony,glitter etc. It was adorable!
OMG, that sounds adorable!!!!!!! These ideas are so creative!! Thanks so much!!

~Tammy

Latest posts

Back