Ant Hills in the pasture?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flmiller

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm in NC and this is my fourth year with minis and I have yet another new problem/question! I am noticing an unusual amount of ant hills in my pasture this year. It seems like they are everywhere. I've not encountered this before and have no idea if I should start trying to do something or if they pose a hazard to my minis or exactly what to do. Any advice would be MUCH appreciated. As always, thanks all you veterans!
default_smile.png

Liz

Yes, I too have some dandy ant hills in the pastures. I have not ever done anything about it yet though, and have not had any problems of any kind because of them.

ACK! I despise those dudes. You are referring to Fire Ants, right? I poison with Amdro or something similar. They are dangerous for children, foals, pets, or anything that gets in their way. Allowing them to stay is allowing them to reproduce. They are not a native species, and are very invasive. You should really consider getting some poison and getting rid of them.

Stacye

Latest posts

Back