Another police officer shooting in WA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valerie

Reaction score
My husband is in Evidence for Thurston County Sheriff dept....got a call out at 1:45 this morning, to head down to Long Beach (about 2 hours south of us)....to help with evidence in the Troopers shooting. Apparently a man was arrested earlier for DUI (by another trooper) and this trooper was waiting for the tow truck to arrive.....while he was doing inventory of the car someone came up from behind & started shooting......one bullet grazed him & the other hit him in the head. The good news is that he is alert & talking and they think he will recover........ so my prayers go out to him and his family. Now the bad news, they have not caught the man who did the shooting...... so where is my husband on our 11th anniversary today?....down in the middle of a man hunt trying to do evidence of a outside shooting scene.

Any extra prayers you can send this way would be appreciated....this is not how I thought our day would go today, but then again, being married to someone in law enforcement, no day is an ordinary day, you just take it as it comes.

Our plans are now over for the day so I am thinking of things to occupy my time and hoping all will get to home safe today and they will catch the creep who shot the trooper!

Thanks for listening everyone! Hope everyone has a great day today and a Happy Valentine's day tomorrow.....remember, tell your loved one you love them!!

Wow Valerie I'm sure that's not the way you had hoped to spend your anniversary, but please thank your husband for choosing a career in law enforcement. Bless all of them for putting themselves on the line to keep us safe. Saying prayers for the officer who was shot and also praying that they catch and convict the scumbag who did it.

Can you believe this happened, again, Valerie??!!

When I got out to go feed this morning, heard it

on the radio in the barn, my jaw just dropped.

What is the hades is going on.....someone paste

targets on our officers backs here in Washington?

It is so absolutely senseless.

You're so right - No day is an ordinary day in

law enforcement.

Give your hubby an extra hug.....he is appreciated,

more than he'll ever know - from people he'll never know.

It's outrageous. What's more outrageous is how indifferent most people are to it like it's no big deal. These front line officers truly are keeping watch on that very thin blue line that separates our everyday lives from all heck breaking loose.

default_no.gif

People give hero treatment to those fighting our wars (and so we should) but these unsung heros at home are risking their lives every single day they walk out of their front doors. I think 99% of us are completely unaware of just what life is like just a few steps away from where we law abiding citizens live.

He SURVIVED?!?! God Almighty. I'm really getting sick of people who think it's okay to shoot at Washington State police officers.

Leia

I don't know what has happened to make people thing this is okay. But there are a lot of things that you just shake your head at. So sad. Sounds like he will be alright. Doesn't make it right though. Hope they catch this person soon.

Valerie,

I agree with the others......Police Officers don't get enough Kuddos for all they do........But, neither do their families!
default_smile.png

Glad to hear that the officer who was shot is going to make it.

Wow how sad - I was just telling my husband this morning that I find it incredible that people think they have the right to take anothers life. I am praying for the officer and his family. Prayers being said for you and your husband also Valerie. It has to be very stressful having a loved one in this field. Hope you can find some time to be together before the day is over.....

Back