another dog attack

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twelveoaks

Reaction score
this happen on november 27, 2006 i have been going to post this but just could not.

any way i went out to feed about 5 am and my 25.5 inch homg. stallion did not come to his stall, but i could see him standing and not moving, in the dark he look as if he was sweating and his hair was wet, so i rush back to the house goet my hubby and a shot of banimine ( i throught hat he had coliced) we got the jd gator so we would have light and when i open the gate and the lights hit him i went to my knees, he had no ears, his eye on the left side was gone legs was chewed up , and his face was gone.

i got my self to gether and we gave him a shot i am sure at this oint he was already in shock. it took us about 10 min. to get him to the barn (about a 150 foot walk). called the vet. law and my horse insurance company.

the dog( no bull dog in him just a mutt) belong to my brother in law, had grown up here with the horses never onced acted as if he would hurt any thing(he was 4 years old) any way he was covered in blood so aminal control took him he was put to sleep . my insurance said for the vet to cll him when he got him. he did and the stallion was put down.

this was one of the most heaq breaking things i have ever had happen.

if there can be a up side to this i learn that people do care the animal control officer cried with me and the insurance company called to say how sorry they was, they kept me informed on what was going on. so if any one need miniature horse insurance please give them your consideration. the name of the company is gencorp

twelveoaks

twelveoaks, I am so very, very sorry-

What a awful thing to find - and your beautiful little stallion - how terrible for him to have to suffer so badly.

Hugs and prayers for you as you deal with this horrific situation!

I am so sorry to hear about your loss :no: I can't even imagine what you have been going threw.. Sending prayers you way...
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so so sorry for your loss, and for what you, your hubby, and your stallion had to go through.

im so sorry for your loss. I also have gencorp and they are wonderful

kay

What a very sad first post, I am so terribly sorry...but welcome to our home.

:no: i cant imagine how heartbreaking it was for you :no: welcome to the forum also, im just sorry it was such a sad first post

What a heartbreaking story!

I am so sorry this happened to you. Thank you for coming here and telling us about this, I know how painful it still must be.

Beth

Pat - I heard about this horrific incident from my dear friend, Barbie Patrick. I can't imagine finding one of my horses in that condition and I am so sorry you had to go through this, not to mention your little stallion. My condolences to you and your family.

Oh my gosh, I am so very, very sad for you and your little horse (((HUGS)))

My heart is physically aching just reading about your poor little stallion. Please accept my condolences......

I can understand why it took you so long to share such a horrific loss.

MA

I am so very, very sorry for your loss, and believe me I know how you are feeling.

I am so sorry for your loss. It just breaks me heart to hear about dog attacks. I cant understand why so many people who own dogs are not responsible enought to contain there dogs, before any harm does get done. Even the most gentlest of dogs can and will attack. We all try to do the best we can to protect our little minis (or any animal) but sometimes as hard as we do try, things happen. (((hugs))) to you , I know how hard this must of been for you to come onto the forum and tell us about this horrible attack. Also, I would like to WELCOME you from Wisconsin. Corinne

Latest posts

Back