another dog attack

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG- what a rotten way to join the Forum!

As you can see there are a few here who know form personal experience exactly how you are feeling.

I am sure that they would be happy to talk to you personally if you PM them- it may do you good to share??

My heart goes out to you, it truly does, you poor, poor thing.

Our dogs are dear to out hearts but we must be ever vigilant- the dog is after all just a Wolf at our firesides- we have tamed the instincts but they are still there.

If anyone wanted proof your experience has given it.

{{{BIG HUGS}}} to you, please stay on the Forum, we will all help in any way that we can.

I am so sorry for what you are going through, and your poor horse (((((((((((HUGS))))))))) coming your way and please stay with the forum. Were here for you no matter what.

I am so sorry for your loss..... :no:

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Your post turned me to tears. How awful and how sad.

To read Tony's again yesterday and now yours, folks need to be more aware of dogs and minis.

OMG- I am sooo sorry. I can understand how hard it was for you to write. I have read this sort of post before but yours just made me cry out! Our little stud was also attacked but fortunately not that bad. Maybe that's why I could just "see" your little guy and it just sickened me all over again.

Glad you joined the forum. You'll get support and advice here. Welcome from SE Wisconsin.

I am so sorry for your loss , I couldn't even begin to imagine your horror . A dog attack is the worst thing any of us could have happen but to find your own dog to be the one behind the attack. How absolutley awful. Are you sure that he was the only one? What if a stray dog came in and started the attack and your dog just joined in? I am sure you are keeping a vigilant look out. But I didn't know if you had thought of this possiblity. Glad you are here to share your story . And I add a warm welcome to you .

I also had a family pet who savaged one mini and killed another one. It is still hard for me to believe that she did it. She was raised with minis and was never aggressive at all before the attack. My vet believed that she "thought" she was "playing". I had her put down.

So Sorry, your beloved animal was found that way.

default_pray.gif
: Coming your way.

Wish this was a better beginning for you here,

but would also like to WELCOME YOU to this forum from Ontario

What a horrible experience, I am so sorry!
default_sad.png

So sorry to hear about your tramatic experience. Hugs to you and your husband. :no: Welcome from Western Wisconsin.

What an awful nightmare that must have been for you. Thanks for sharing your story because it warns others that even just a family dog can become so dangerous to our minis. Never turn your back on a dog that is with the horses. My heart breaks for you. Mary

I am so sorry and my heart goes out to you. I dont think I have ever seen anything more destructive and devistating as a dog attack. I am so sorry for your little guy.

Welcome to the Forum and I wish it were on a happier note. Hugs to you!!!

What a terrible thing to witness! I can't imagine the shock and disappointment. Thank God there are compassionate people out there to help you through this. I hope you haven't given up on these little creatures!

Welcome from chilly Nebraska!

I felt your pain when I read your post, my heart breaks for you - I am so very sorry :no:

I am so very sorry for your loss. What a horrific thing to happen to your horse.
default_sad.png
I welcome you to the forum from southern NJ.

Twelve oaks, I am so very very sorry you had to go through that horrible experience. But at the same time I admire you for finding the strength to tell us about it and perhaps your doing so will serve as a warning and save another little horse some day.

Blessings

Charlotte

So very sorry to read all that it must have been very devestating for you to find him.

:no: I AM SORRY ABOUT YOUR LOST. WE HAVE BEEN HEARD ABOUT ALOT OF DOG ATTACKS LATELY. WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU ALL.

TAKE CARE,

REST IN PEACE LITTLE FELLOW,

MELISSA

[SIZE=12pt]Pat-[/SIZE]

I still can't believe Beau is gone - I think back to when you were showing him and I was showing his half brother "Trouble". So sad - when you called me that morning, I just couldn't believe what you were telling me. If anyone really looks out for their horses, it's you. Just so heartbreaking. I can't wait to see what little Sassy has sired by Beau.

My sympathy and prayers again - I'm glad you finally were able to come on here and tell about it.

Take care and hopefully Kristy and I will make a road trip soon and come visit.

Barbie

Latest posts

Back