Annual Credit Reports

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya

Reaction score
I always check mine in January so thought I would remind others

AnnualCreditReport

This site is totally free, there is no membership. You are entitled by law to a free copy of all three reports once every 12 months. It will not give you the score though, but gives you a complete report for free.

Instead of getting all three at once, you can also stagger them so that you get a fresh credit report (from a different source) every few months. That way you might be more likely to catch incorrect information. Of course, you have to remember to do it three times instead of once!

Just be careful how many times you do check it though. I was told that the more times it is checked your score drops because they see it as you are incurring more debt.

It doesn't start dropping until you've checked it so many times. 3 times will not bother it any.

When you check your credit report it does not affect your score/rating at all...inquiries that do affect it are when you are actually applying for credit and the company pulls your report, those are shown on the report.

Latest posts

Back