An Adventure!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacquee'

Reaction score
It's that time of the year - haying time. My neighbor does custom cutting and he also sells his own hay. He cuts my field for me, and I buy hay from him off his fields. He is one of the old-timers here, born and raised here and knows everybody and all the history so I really enjoy talking to him. He's about 66, I think.

Well, he came by yesterday to show me the hay he had just cut, so I could pick which fields of hay I would buy. We were in his pick-up truck. He pulled up a hill to a gate, but when he got out to open it (he refused to let me open it, all the people here are so polite) the truck was just a little bit too close and he could not get the gate all the way open. He came back to the truck, and standing outside the open door, he reached in and released the emergency brake to let the truck roll back a little bit. I remember feeling a little anxious about that, thinking maybe he should have just got in the truck. Well, the truck rolled back just fine! But when he tried to push on the emergency brake, he hit the clutch instead. So the truck kept on rolling........ he tried running along and jumping in, but he lost his balance and then he was just hanging on to the truck for dear life, dragging along, because the truck was REALLY going by this time.

What did I do? The only thing I could think of - I jumped over the gear shift and slammed on the brake. On the way there, I also slammed my shin into the steering wheel! Guess I was a little excited.
rolleyes.gif
Fortunately my neighbor did NOT get dragged under the front wheel (I had some pretty gruesome images in my head) and he was actually fine, although I bet he is a little sore today. I know I am - by the time I got home I had a big old knot on my shin, right below the knee.

And now, since he is baling my fields today, I am going to be out there hauling hay by myself with a lump on my leg. And my city friends tell me I live such a glamorous life!!!!!
wacko.gif

OUCH!!!!! You poor thing....looks like lots of ice packs are gonna be needed!! Glad your neighbor is ok too...how scarey that must've been!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodness gracious Jacquee!
ohmy.gif

I'm so thankful you both are ok at least, minus the knee booboo.
cheekkiss.gif

Hugs & prayers,

Tanya

Latest posts

Back