AMHR "V" = Revoked?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremor

Reaction score
I was looking at some offspring lookups and one of the foals I saw had the letter "V" at the end of their registration number.

What does it mean, and what could the reason be?

Void-I believe if a horse is not brought permanent then the papers are then voided , but I could be wrong, just my guess!

Its a decent guess! I cant figure out what it could be and I'm trying to look in the AMHR rule book, but it doesn't tell you what exact page number out of 400+ pages, just sections. Aaaaarrrrrggh.

However, in the look up of offspring there are foals with permanent papers and applications, and then this "V". So, I'm not thinking that it's voided due to them not being brought permanent, this is a 2001 horse btw.

could just be a typo since the letter V is right next to the letter B. If it has a height listed, were they over 34".

It wouldn't be that the horse was never brought permanent--I had one that died before his 3rd birthday so he's never been brought permanent, and I'm told that he is still listed with a T after his registration number. Perhaps it is a horse that actually went over 38" and the owner returned the papers? I could see then that the registry would mark the papers void. perhaps that is what the V is for?

I remember way back when, when I actually had access to the studbook, there were quite a few horses from my grandparents and great grandparents with "V" after the number and it was back then that I had come to the conclusion that it was for horses never brought permanent because their horses rarely went over 38" and if they did they would not have turned in the papers and they were horses often sold as pets that were never transferred to the new buyer's name. It's been a while since I've had access so could just be my bad memory getting the best of me
default_smile.png

When our two year old stallion died a few years ago, I called the registry to let them know and they asked that the registration papers be returned as they belonged to the Registry. I believe that he shows up as deceased in the studbook.

It wouldn't be that the horse was never brought permanent--I had one that died before his 3rd birthday so he's never been brought permanent, and I'm told that he is still listed with a T after his registration number. Perhaps it is a horse that actually went over 38" and the owner returned the papers? I could see then that the registry would mark the papers void. perhaps that is what the V is for?

I bet a quick call to the registry to ask would solve the question..........

It does mean void and that the horse was never brought permanent. I laugh at the comment that the papers belong to the registry- I seem to recall PAYING for those papers...

It does mean void and that the horse was never brought permanent. I laugh at the comment that the papers belong to the registry- I seem to recall PAYING for those papers...
No kididing! Especially if you paid $400+ for hardshipping!

You know why they want the old papers back? Because it was (and may still be) common for people to take old papers and suddenly have another horse "registered" with them. In other words forging papers to get an unregisterable horse onto the show or selling place.

You know why they want the old papers back? Because it was (and may still be) common for people to take old papers and suddenly have another horse "registered" with them. In other words forging papers to get an unregisterable horse onto the show or selling place.
Which is why they should start DNA like AMHA does- they already DNA the Shetlands, so how much harder would it be? I know they'd probably lose a bunch of people who don't want to DNA their horses or pay the extra money it would cost, but honeslty, I'd rather pay and know my horse is who I say it is...

NOt going to name any names, but I was horse shopping several years ago at a big name breeders place and fell in love with a really nice yearling filly. Asked how was she bred, and I kid you not, the breeder looked me right in the eye and asked how would I like her to be bred? He could put whatever stud he had on the place as sire and I could pick the mare- I left without buying a thing.

If you actually flip your registraion papers over, under Rules and Obligations. Section 4 states: Registry records issued by the Corporation remains the property of the Corporation, and no member shall be entitled to claim any ownership interest in the record.

Though I would imagine upon the death of an animal it would be sent to the registration to have it stamped "Deceased", but upon your request it could be returned to you.

Stamping prevents papers from being sold.

Forever Farma--Shetlands are not DNA'd either. The only time a Shetland has to have DNA is if you wait until its two year old year to register. Foals and yearlings get registered just as AMHR foals and yearlings--no DNA.

Latest posts

Back