AMHR Transfer Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlesFamily

Reaction score
I hope someone can help!

I am trying to get all of my paperwork completed and finish transfers for my boys. I didn't get a chance to call the office this week to ask this, so I'm hoping someone here knows the answer.

I am transferring and updating one from temporary to permanent - the paperwork states photos must be submitted BUT the work order says "Photos required if current certificate does not contain photos or if any other correction necessary." So if everything is correct and the certificates I am sending in have photos on them, then I don't need to send in new ones?

Thanks for the help!

Barbara

Correct, but if you are taking horses permanent and the pictures on the papers are still foal pictures, I would take new ones. If they are more up to date then you don't need new ones.

That's right--if the papers already have photos on them you do NOT need to send new photos. This applies to both transfers and permanent applications.

In response to minimom's post--I don't even bother to change out the foal photos (unless it's an absolutely hideous foal photo on the papers!) now. I figure that if my ASPC ponies have foal photos on their papers, and those ASPC papers do not get updated/changed when the ponies turn 3 then what's the difference with AMHR. If pony papers can have foal photos all through life then so can the AMHR papers.

Thank you for the responses! I just didn't want to send it all in and have it returned.

They are foal pictures on his papers - but if I can leave them I think I will. Our weather here is not conducive to taking nice pictures right now! I would rather have cute foal pictures on them than fuzzy, muddy butterballs!
default_biggrin.png
And I have procrastinated long enough on this. We're finally getting into the AMHR show ring this year (fingers crossed) so I need to have the paperwork done!

Thanks again!

Barbara

Just my personal opinion, but I would certainly want mature photos and not baby photos on my permanent papers. I like to have everything as up to date as possible, including my webpage, which is sadly behind. Once my horses get through shedding, I will be taking some new photos for my webpage. I've got one that needs to go permanent too, but I can wait till I get some new photos.

Thanks everyone - and I was mistaken! The pictures on his temporary papers for AMHR are a couple of years old - but they were taken of him what looks like his 2-year-old year - so he is at least mature in those picture and not a foal. And it was summer in the pictures so he looks MUCH better.

Thanks again for your help!

Barbara

Back