AMHR/ASPC's new look

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually like it. Clean, easy to navigate and find what I'm looking for.
default_aktion033.gif

It's okay...but where are the show results. Unless my computer didn't load everything, I couldn't find a tab to click on for show results?

You have to go over to the "Our Breeds" tab and under the ASPC and AMHR you can choose that breeds show results.

It's a lil hard to find stuff, like I said just have to get use to it. I wish they would have pics on front to show differences of the horses not just words. It's just alot of words on the home page.

Oh thank you! I will have to go and look again.

I agree--there are a lot of words on the home page--and I'm quite disappointed that it takes FOREVER to load for me on my dial-up internet. I expect I will be visiting there as little as possible now.

What I found strange--originally the membership list was taken off the website due to privacy concerns. Then it got put back on there, only it was only available to those that actually logged into the members only section. Now it is back to being available to everyone--you don't have to log in before you can access the member lists. I guess there are no more privacy concerns? Mind you, logging into the members page doesn't count for much, because anyone can do that, you do not need to have a membership.

I can't open the site at all and I have highspeed....was planning on printing some forms today but will have to request via email!

I like the site - but for the reference ponies for each division of the breed, it looks like the folks who designed it used only pictures of their own ponies for that?

I don't mind it. I really didn't care for it to begin with but I've gotten use to it. I think the home page could still use some help. Too many words. Overall good job
default_aktion033.gif

I like the new look as well. But it does load very slowly, even with a high speed connection. And a few people with dial-up have told me they can't get on at all.

I like the site - but for the reference ponies for each division of the breed, it looks like the folks who designed it used only pictures of their own ponies for that?
Had to laugh Leeana - I thought the exact same thing! Quite by accident I found a place to submit photos. It's really easy to miss, so here is the link: http://shetlandminiature.com/photo-submission.html

The tech committee has spent months working on the new site. Like all websites it will never be "finished" as it is always an on-going process. But at some point you have to get it up and live and then tweak it and add to it from there.

Since there are numerous copyright issues using pictures you do not own we had to use our own pictures to get it started. We also had to use them to test the site.

As Alphahorses pointed out now that it is live - anyone can submit pictures of their horses they own. You just have to have a member account on the website.

Please keep in mind that the tech committee is an all volunteer effort.

Next time, post something on this forum. I'm sure you would have gotten a lot of photos in advance.

While I think the overall look is much more professional, I do hate the new format for shows. Instead of everything being in columns that are fairly easy to read, all of the information is now just run together in a line of text. A step backwards to the way data was put on websites in the 80's. Would also be nice if they started to include web addresses for show bills. Most shows have info posted on line these days.

http://shetlandminiature.com/member-services/events.html

I had another person email me just this morning because they are on dial up and can't get to the site at all (it times out on them). I had to pull info and send to them. In the future, testing against multiple OS, browsers, and connection speeds does need to be done before change are put in place. It does not have to cost the club anything. I'm sure there are a lot of people on this forum and in the organization in general who would have been happy to volunteer to test or review the site if they had been asked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next time, post something on this forum. I'm sure you would have gotten a lot of photos in advance.
But the point is that people can put their own up photos making the site more member interactive. Again we used our photos as test photos to make sure the submissionsystem worked. Anyone can now put their own photos up.

Also I am only one member of the committee. As you all can imagine everyone has their own idea of how things should be done and how they should look, which you can clearly see on this thread. We can all make suggestions (committee members or anyone member) but the final word is up to the chair of the committee and the board. For sure contact her if you have suggestions.

This site will keep changing and the good thing is it is now much easier to update so that updates don't take months to hit the website.

I did finally find the show results (thanks to Jamie telling me where to find those!) but where on earth is the Convention tab? I was trying the find the list of rule change proposals & couldn't even find the Convention tab.

I did finally find the show results (thanks to Jamie telling me where to find those!) but where on earth is the Convention tab? I was trying the find the list of rule change proposals & couldn't even find the Convention tab.
LOL I can help with that too. On the home page go down to "In the Spotlight" box. It talks about Convention, click on "Read More", the proposals link will be on that page. Or here is the link to the proposals:

2011 Rule Change Proposals

I didn't even know it was on there til somebody mentioned it. I like the site now. The home page looks 100% better now. I have high speed and the site is loading just fine for me. The only thing thats really slow is the show results page, but its been slow for me all year.

As Kay pointed out, yes we had to submit our own photos to test the photo submission pages. I encourage photos = please! This has been a labor of love for the Tech Committee - and it has all been volunteer time, hundreds of hours have been put into planning and implementing. More to come as we progress and get used to using the website.

We Thank Everyone for their patience! Take time to check it out and let us know if you find something that doesn't work.

Thanks!

Another Tech Committee Member

Hi Everyone,

If you are having a hard time finding something please try the search box...this is linked to everything and should give you exactly what you want.

We encourage everyone to submit their photos so we can have a great selection of images for new people to view.

Thank you,

John

I've submitted several pictures of Foundation, Classic & ASPR ponies. I'll be interested to see if any of them get posted. I didn't use any show pictures - just riding pics of the girls at various stages of learning to ride and one pasture shot of a mare and foal.

So far, I've been out to the site several times. Sometimes it loads and opens fine, sometimes it loads very slowly and sometimes it only loads partially and isn't clickable (have to close IE and start again) and 2 differnt times I've gotten the "Action forbidden" death screen... sigh. We have DSL thru Charter Communications.

Alot of people have emailed me that they cannot access parts of the site. I left a note with John & Laurie.

Back