AMHA web cam

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iowa

Reaction score
Just wondering if everyone else was getting a poor quality picture where the horses look like they are travelling in slow motion or stopped altogether. I thought the AMHR ones were so good that I expected better quality at the AMHA World. Maybe it's just my computers, but it is the same on both and at different locations and speed.
default_sad.png

As long as they're standing still it looks good. But when there is any movement, it's terrible!
default_new_shocked.gif
The driving classes are what I want to see, but it's so bad I've given up trying to watch it.
default_no.gif

I gave up watching it too. I was getting so frusterated. I guess I was spoiled after watching R Nationals.

I keep trying to watch as well, but all the problems you are having, so am I. Also, have pixels all blurring around the horses that are moving. Makes me kind of dizzy!

I have the sound on so I can listen to results....

I also find that the picture will freeze up and I have to hit the "refresh" button - sometimes every few minutes. I do wish it was as good as the AMHR web cast.

It has to be either the camera they're using or the cameraman. We have a fast computer connection but when that camera gets moved everything blurs and takes too many seconds to "catch up" to the action resulting in the horses legs look like I'm watching a flipbook or cartoon.

Guess we have been spoiled by the coverage at AMHR as I was thrilled to watch this chopy video stuff a year or 2 ago.

It is the kind of "feed" they get from the videographer and webcast host... considering that only the year before last there was NO video from AMHR Nationals at all - none! - and that now there are complaints about AMHA coverage... IMO we are just spoiled. Even the feed for AMHR was worse this year than the last minute one last year as then it was crystal clear even when you made it bigger... this year, not so much.

I'm just happy to have ANY video at all... no complaints here. And no - it does not freeze or lock up for me at all... and I am on a Mac...
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just happy to have ANY video at all... no complaints here. And no - it does not freeze or lock up for me at all... and I am on a Mac...
default_smile.png
Really? hmm, maybe I better break out the Macbook and try that!

I don't mind the poor quality feed - like Tag says, I'm just glad to be able to watch! However, the freezing up drives me NUTS! I swear it does it mostly when someone I know is winning something!!
default_wacko.png

I think that when they "pan" around, it makes it a lot worse. If they would just fix the camera in one place during the driving classes so you could see the horses as they passed by that spot it would work well.

I think it is fine for the halter classes.

On my computer when the videographer pans to catch or follow one of the horses, they look like they are moonwalking.
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back