AMHA vs. AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mshasta88

Reaction score
I’m not sure how to put this, but are there a lot of people out there switching over to showing AMHR rather than AMHA? I’m just now starting to show and I remember the AMHA being a big deal in the past but it seems like there are so much more AMHR shows now.

I think it's about the same, but could just depend on where you live.

I think both registries are doing well.

Andrea

Different strokes for different folks. Both registries have good points. They do seem to going in different directions. One more inclusive and the other more exclusive. Both are great and I feel that it has become all about the horse, not which registry. I hope for the best for both.

It does also depend on where you are... there aren't many AMHR shows where I am, but there are a decent number of AMHA shows. So people tend to want the AMHA registered horses, simply because there are more showing opportunities closer to here.

I think you see the same thing happening in both A and R as perhaps people feel there's more to offer in AMHR and members from AMHR don't like the route the registry is going with the shetlands being so popular these days now may go towards AMHA with it being more "miniature" like. Not sure how else to say that lol.

AMHA can't be responsible for how many shows there are, the area clubs have to put the shows on and with the bad economy perhaps they are financially unable too. I think regarding AMHA being so popular back then and not so much now is because AMHR's horses have really stepped up in quality and I think both are up there in rank but like Lavern said both are going in different directions. I also think many people are choosing one registry vs both due to the rising costs in membership and paperwork in both.

I think it's running about the same as it has.... except we have NO R shows here this year- only A. I enjoy showing both.

Latest posts

Back