AMHA registration...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaiteraMiniatures

Reaction score
We've never registered any horses before, other than permanent AMHA registration on one of our mares. So, I'm starting to fill out the paperwork for our filly this year and it has stocking, 3/4 stocking, and white to knee as options. Uhhh...what's the difference?
laugh.gif
As for the side shots can they be walking, or do they have to be standing still?

Oh, and we have three horses (two just turned four and one just turned three...I think) can we get them permanently AMHA registered now? Or should we just wait until they're five? We believe our 3y/o is either over, or VERY close to it. I guess that's what the measuring stick is for though
smile.gif

Can y'all tell me what leg markings she technically has? Palomino or chestnut pinto? I put palomino down, but I just want to make sure. Thanks.

047.jpg

If it were my horse it would palomino pinto with white over the knees and white over the hocks (you can enter your own description, I just tried it). As long as you can see the side clearly and all four feet, they can be walking or standing still, they just have to be good, clear shots.

As for stockings, to me those are just under the knee, 3/4 are just that, 3/4 of the way to just under the knee.

I was always taught that a leg with white over the knee was just called a "white leg". So if all 4 legs have white over the knees then I would put palomino pinto with 4 white legs.

Just to add a bit of a differant view I was taught stockings are over the knee or hock, socks are any thing below and described by location, full sock (to the knee) half sock, fetlock, pasturn, coronet. A full white leg would be just that, a leg white all the way to the stifle or elbow.

hmmm... a palomino should have a white mane and I see she has a self-colored mane at her forelock. It looks like the same as her coat color. If one of the parents is dilute (palomino, buckskin, smokey or smooty, perlino or cremello, etc), I'd go with palomino and see how she matures, but if they are chestnut/sorrel, that's what I would put.

hmmm... a palomino should have a white mane and I see she has a self-colored mane at her forelock. It looks like the same as her coat color. If one of the parents is dilute (palomino, buckskin, smokey or smooty, perlino or cremello, etc), I'd go with palomino and see how she matures, but if they are chestnut/sorrel, that's what I would put.

That's what I was thinking too
laugh.gif
but her dam is a palomino (sire is bay) and around her eyes where she is starting so shed some baby fluff she is lighter (or maybe I'm going crazy...lol) but yeah as of now I think she'll be palomino, but horses never cease to proove us wrong :p haha

Latest posts

Back