AMHA question?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS Miniatures

Reaction score
Do you have to be a member from the AMHA to do any registration work? Not talking about actually registering foals, but transfers, update from temporary to pernament, sending in stallion reports if outside mares come along, things like that. Right now not even the near future I'm going to be actually registering a horse to them myself or even show with them. I just want to avoid paying the high cost of membership.

You do not, but by the time you pay the non member fees you have just about paid for the membership.

l think it's worth becoming a member if your going to be dealing with them anyway a reg new foal reg is 20 for member and 60 for non member within 4 months transfers from temp to perm are 25 member and 50 non for a mare 50 member for a stallion and 100 for non member. So it adds up and the membership just about pays for itself besides l love the MHW great pictures to drool over.

l just became a AMHR member and can hardly wait for the journal they put out so l can see some of the forum members horses.

Last edited by a moderator:
When do AMHA memberships expire?

I have one for 2005, not sure when it expires if it does on Dec. 31st.

I really lacked on my AMHA paperwork this year and need to get transfers done
rolleyes.gif
. Just really didn't want to have to pay for membership again.

JMS Miniatures said:
When do AMHA memberships expire?

I'm not positive, but I think it's next month. Seems I got an e-mail or letter stating that memberships are due at that time.

We have a lifetime membership, but I think they work on the January to January idea.

And I agree with the above.....after you register and/or transfer registrations as a non-member, you might as well have become a member!

MA

Also if you were a member last year for the first time it would be cheaper this year to renew than the first time member. It's only $55.00 to renew.

Latest posts

Back